Please help! My samsung galaxy s2 has completely frozen up and ( when I turn it on ) I will not go past a black and white opening page. BTW this is happening when it is fully charged ( the charge symbol is the only thing that appears AT ALL.
The way to properly do this is to do the following.
Go to Settings, Applications, Manage Applications.
Choose All so that all the installed applications are listed.
Look for Google Services Framework and press on this.
Press Clear Data.
When it has completed, remove the battery and wait 5 minutes for the phone to discharge.
Put the battery back in and start the phone and use it.
IF IT DOESN'T WORK
Expert: Richard replied 1 year ago.
When it gets to this stage, the only solution is going to be a Factory Reset sorry.
It is going to wipe the data from your phone and return it to new, but there is no way to avoid this.
I will give you three procedures for the reset in case the phone is stopping you from completing one of them.
1. On the main home screen, just select MENU
2. Select SETTINGS, then select PRIVACY
3. Select FACTORY DATA RESET
4. Select RESET PHONE
5. If the password XXXXX XXXXX it. Then confirm by selecting ERASE EVERYTHING
If you can not get to these options, Try to turn it off first and do a hard reset through key combinations.
1. If your Samsung Galaxy S II is frozen, Shut the POWER OFF, take the battery out and put it back again.
2. Hold the Volume Down button
3. Briefly Press and release the Power button
4. A menu will then appears that let you allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
6. Quickly Press and release the Power button
7. Select Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO
If the above procedures doesn't work. try this another method:
1. Turn the POWER OFF, pull the battery out and put it back again.
2. Simultaneously press the Volume Up, Home and Power button
3. If the Samsung Symbol appears, release the Power button
4. A Boot Menu will then show, Use the volume up/down to choose and home to select.
Once it is resetted it will resolve the problem for you.