Power of the the AMD A10 Kaveri

kiwi king

Honorable
Jul 29, 2013
Hello!

I wanted to find the power of the AMD A10 7850k. I want to play Call of Duty Black Ops II on it, with 4gb of DDR3 ram, and using Windows 7.

I was curious of this because I saw the APU running Battlefield 4 at ultra settings with little to no lag. Was he using some kind of special RAM, or is was the raw power of the APU?

Solution
Don't spend money on a watercooler, get a separate video card instead for a much better performance boost. This is a good read for you http://www.techspot.com/review/781-amd-a10-7850k-graphics-performance/ You can get the R7-250 card to use with the A10. The other card that works with it, the 240 is a bit too slow.

If you can use HDMI depends on the motherboard you get, if it has HDMI you can use it without a second video card.

Really the best result you'll get for gaming is to get a Core i5 plus a lower range video card, once you pair up the A10 with a second video card, the price goes way up. The A10 on it's own is not bad, but not good, especially at settings past low or medium on some older games.

kiwi king

Honorable
Jul 29, 2013
How well would it perform if I were to install a water cooler into the system, then overclock it? (The GPU)

Also, how could I connect the HDMI cable to the display? Would I need a separate graphics card?

Don't spend money on a watercooler, get a separate video card instead for a much better performance boost. This is a good read for you http://www.techspot.com/review/781-amd-a10-7850k-graphics-performance/ You can get the R7-250 card to use with the A10. The other card that works with it, the 240 is a bit too slow.

If you can use HDMI depends on the motherboard you get, if it has HDMI you can use it without a second video card.

Really the best result you'll get for gaming is to get a Core i5 plus a lower range video card, once you pair up the A10 with a second video card, the price goes way up. The A10 on it's own is not bad, but not good, especially at settings past low or medium on some older games.

Solution