iphone 4s shows connect to itunes when plugged in but not detected by computer or itunes

ch4Rl3i

Estimable
Apr 12, 2014
hi, I've got a similar problem, but in this case, the computer does not detect the iphone 4s after i upgraded to ios7.

I figured my cable is fine since it works well with my friend's iphone but not mine. Checked device manager but there's not sign that the phone is connected to the system even though once i plug it, i get the connect to itunes screen on the phone.

Anyone know what the matter is? Thanks

Solution

If you are in windows, verify Apple mobile device support is installed, then restart the apple mobile device service
then verify apple mobile device usb driver is installed and enabled in device manager under universal serial bus section.

If it is not listed, right click usb header and click 'scan for hardware changes' windows...

Ki11ian

Estimable
Apr 18, 2014

If you are in windows, verify Apple mobile device support is installed, then restart the apple mobile device service
then verify apple mobile device usb driver is installed and enabled in device manager under universal serial bus section.

If it is not listed, right click usb header and click 'scan for hardware changes' windows will then auto install drivers for new hardware.

If listed, update the driver, click 'have disk' and go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers and use "usbaapl" file. or "usbaapl64" file for 64 bit systems.

If none of those work, then do DFU or recovery mode

Solution