Anyone know what's making my laptop do this?

Legolas8181

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013
So my current laptop which is 2 months old and my old laptops have always had problems with the audio but the problem was so small I often didn't notice it but now, it normally isn't noticeable but now and then it gets bad and I can't listen to anything properly. Every now and then the speaker makes a pop noise, the audio goes off for maybe quarter of a second then pop, it comes back on. Now this wouldn't be a problem because normally it does that like once a half hour or something so when it does happen I don't even notice but when it gets bad it does it every few seconds so that i can't listen to anything without having to constantly rewind to catch what was said. My old laptop never did it this badly and my new one just started it last night.

I have restarted my laptop, tried updating the drivers and used different speakers and different programs and it does it with every file I use.

Danbuscus25

Estimable
Feb 15, 2014
so, you are plugging in external speakers to the laptop? in that case, make sure niether your laptop volume or your speaker volume are really high, such as 100 and 30, try to even the 2 out like 50 and 50.

Legolas8181

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013

I have tried it with the speakers at 30% and without them at 50% and it does it every time

Legolas8181

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013

I was using my old laptop with these same speakers and that laptop never had a problem