get wifi on desktop through samsung galaxy s2's wifi connection

jennymac123

Estimable
Apr 9, 2014
I am using my neighbors wifi on my samsung galaxy & want to hook my phones wifi up to my desktop to get internet..i dont have an adapter or a router just a desktop with windows xp...i have looked for hours trying to find the answer and all i find is half of it..to go into seytings and turn on tethering....can so.eone ease help and exain step by step what to do to accomish this!? thanks:)

Solution
Why are you going though this extra step? Just connect the desktop to the same WiFi signal. I don't think you can tether a phone to share the WiFi signal. If you don't have a WiFi adapter for the desktop, they are cheap.

If you are using the WiFi without permission you need to get your own signal, it's against the law in many places to connect to someone's network without permission.
Why are you going though this extra step? Just connect the desktop to the same WiFi signal. I don't think you can tether a phone to share the WiFi signal. If you don't have a WiFi adapter for the desktop, they are cheap.

If you are using the WiFi without permission you need to get your own signal, it's against the law in many places to connect to someone's network without permission.

Solution