Note 3 won't charge? Please help!

Mike Celtic

Estimable
Mar 24, 2014
Last night I spilled water but didn't notice till this morning. It looks like my charger got a bit of the water on the end and before I realized there was, I plugged it in. Now my phone will not charge, the lightning symbol will appear, but nothing is actually going in it. When connected to my PC I get a unrecognizable USB message pop up, which never happened before. The weirdest thing is, when the phones off and I plug it in, I get constant vibrating with a flashing line..Is this fixable? Or is my phone shot? Thanks for any help!
(Galaxy note 3, has the newish usb 3 charger)

Solution
Not sure what happened but if you did mess up the usb port on the phone itself and it is too expensive to get samsung to fix it you could still charge a battery in a separate charging dock and then put the charged battery into the phone. These chargers are cheap enough and they come with two spare batteries to boot.

Also, you don't HAVE to use the larger USB 3 cable to charge the phone. You can use a standard micro usb cable and charger, just in case the problem turn out to be limited to the usb 3 cable.

notherdude

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
Not sure what happened but if you did mess up the usb port on the phone itself and it is too expensive to get samsung to fix it you could still charge a battery in a separate charging dock and then put the charged battery into the phone. These chargers are cheap enough and they come with two spare batteries to boot.

Also, you don't HAVE to use the larger USB 3 cable to charge the phone. You can use a standard micro usb cable and charger, just in case the problem turn out to be limited to the usb 3 cable.

Solution

Mike Celtic

Estimable
Mar 24, 2014

Wow, I never knew the normal micro-usb cables fit. It works with that, just charges a bit slower. Thanks so much! I'm guessing it's the cable then, apparently there's a problem going around with the cables I found out after calling them, samsung is sending me a new one free though.