How much data does Ultimate Gamepad use?

JAScott127

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
I recently upgraded my smartphone to the HTC One M8. It's a sweet piece of machinery, but I digress.

While browsing the app store, I found the Ultimate Gamepad app, which lets you pair your smartphone with your PC via bluetooth or WiFi and use it as a gamepad or a mouse or whatever. My PC does not have bluetooth, so I'm connecting via my WiFi network and using my phone as a controller for some emulation gaming. The app works great. Everything is flawless.

My concern, however, is in the data usage. I have a 10GB per month data limit on my in-home WiFi. I don't imagine using my phone as a controller over the WiFi would put a big dent in this limit; I assume each button press is a small amount of bytes to transfer over the network, but I've been able to find anything online thus far in relation to this.

Can anyone give me some specifics on this?

Solution
What do you mean 10 gb per month on your wifi?
I'm pretty sure that limit partains to data from the ethernet cable to the router, not from the pc-to the router-to the smartphone.
Also, for curiosity's sake where do you live, Here(romania) it's unheard of for non mobile-isp's to have a data limit.

sunder25

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
What do you mean 10 gb per month on your wifi?
I'm pretty sure that limit partains to data from the ethernet cable to the router, not from the pc-to the router-to the smartphone.
Also, for curiosity's sake where do you live, Here(romania) it's unheard of for non mobile-isp's to have a data limit.

Solution