Your question

My samsung galaxy s2 won't turn on or charge it's been off for awhile?

Tags:
  • Galaxy S
  • Samsung
Last response: in Cell Phone General Discussion
April 4, 2014 7:53:08 PM

Someone help! My husband and I have Samsung galaxy s2's from straighttalk they haven't been used for awhile so they are dead completely. My husband had them plugged in for over 2 hours today and still nothing. Battery is in and it's plugged into the wall. Advice

More about : samsung galaxy turn charge awhile

April 4, 2014 7:56:15 PM

For the starters, clean the gold plated area of battery and phone. Retry.
m
l
October 6, 2014 10:12:14 AM

my samsung tablet was completely dead and was plugged in for over 2 hours today and more and still nothing. all i see is the battery icon and it charge a bit but not fully charge. its not cutting on! i did the power and volume thing still nothing please helppp
m
l
Related resources
January 11, 2015 9:00:51 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhCks3QAjz4

Check this video! You have to remove a capacitor - just break it off with something. Just be careful to remove the right one - watch video closely. It worked for me and I was really desperate, because it was such a shame. I like this phone.

Best of luck!
m
l
February 23, 2015 1:59:28 AM

brarboy said:
hey thanks its work

m
l
June 10, 2015 2:50:00 AM

Pecanac tnx, worked on two dead s2's that I had plan to throw away! :) 
m
l
June 17, 2015 9:16:54 PM

imran_0616 said:
brarboy said:
hey thanks its work
what did you use to clean it

m
l
July 15, 2015 12:04:12 PM

Just removed the capacitor and it switched straight on , was going to throw this phone away but now it's working great , great advice thank you so much
m
l
July 20, 2015 10:00:20 AM

Hello All,

I have S2 I9100G. I feel i am facing the same issue , phone not charging and coming up to life when trying to turn it on.

I tried to see for myself on the phone and could see Capacitor but there are 6 on my device. Could anyone of you suggest me which one should be removed to get this working. Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Rohit
m
l
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter