Microsoft surface pro 2

Troika1

Estimable
Apr 2, 2014
Hi
A few questions......I've been saving up for a MacBook Pro so I can teach myself 3D modelling on blender and maybe auto desk. I only need basic tools really as I'm complete beginner in this area. I really like how simple these programmes are formatted on OS. And find you need to be a lot more knowledgable using them in windows. My difficulty is I just won myself a surface pro 2 and knew very little about this product until this week. Really like the idea of a stylus pen for its direct contact instead of mouse.
What I'm trying to say is I think I can easily learn these programmes on the OS platform more than windows from the little i know of them ( or do you think I should persevere with windows and this fab tablet which meets most all my needs as I'm just beginning and does this tablet have major shortcomings when it comes to 3D work......really like the idea of its portability and pen..........any advice would be much appreciated ;-)

Solution
Both of those programs have windows versions - I see no reason why not. I have an SP2 myself (lucky you for winning one!) and I absolutely adore it. If nothing else, it's an amazing device in its own right. I would think that the SP2 should be able to keep up with the sort of work you're looking to do without much difficulty, but there are two interrelated, smaller problems I should mention you might have:
1. High DPI display - many applications don't seem to be properly optimized for this on Windows yet, and therefore UI elements could potentially appear distorted or exceedingly small.
2. Small screen - if you want to do fine detail, you might really strain your eyes unless you hook up to a larger screen.

I'd keep the Pro if for no...

canadianvice

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2012
Both of those programs have windows versions - I see no reason why not. I have an SP2 myself (lucky you for winning one!) and I absolutely adore it. If nothing else, it's an amazing device in its own right. I would think that the SP2 should be able to keep up with the sort of work you're looking to do without much difficulty, but there are two interrelated, smaller problems I should mention you might have:
1. High DPI display - many applications don't seem to be properly optimized for this on Windows yet, and therefore UI elements could potentially appear distorted or exceedingly small.
2. Small screen - if you want to do fine detail, you might really strain your eyes unless you hook up to a larger screen.

I'd keep the Pro if for no other reason than it's a really, really neat device. If you are looking to do something a bit more professionally oriented, however, I think you'll very much appreciate the larger screen of a Macbook Pro.

Solution