Tablet for Manga + Videos (Nook HD+, LG G Pad, Fire HDX)

Honey Goat

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
Hey, I'm looking for a tablet that isn't too expensive which is bigger than 7" on which I can read manga and watch movies/videos which will mostly be in mkv format. I'm currently looking at the Nook HD+ which is 9" big I believe, the LG G Pad which is 8.3" and the Kindle Fire HDX which also around 9".

I can't get the Google Play version of LG G Pad due to my location, but I don't think it should make that much of a difference. I'm having problems deciding which tablet to get, because even though I only want to read/watch and browse, I also want it to last and be useful in the future.

Right now the Nook is the cheapest at around 200 euros for me while the Kindle would be almost double that. I heard that the Nook can be quite sluggish so I'm not sure if I want to get it yet, but the screensize is definitely a plus. The LG G Pad also seems great for it's price but it seems to have a meh battery life and the screensize might also be a bit on the smaller size. I was also looking at the Kindle Fire HDX, but sadly it doesn't have Google Play which I could really use. It has a really nice screen and is overall really slick but it's not the 'perfect' one. I don't know many other tablets than the mainstream ones which is why I am looking here for suggestions and help! Thanks

Honey Goat

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013

Would that be a big issue? I'm probably only going to be using one specific app anyway + browser

TRENDING THREADS