Help! Need a new tablet for work!

Ninjask

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014
Hi There!

So my friend told me that he needed help finding a right tablet for him.

He told me that every time he is in a meeting, everyone around him is carrying a tablet while he has a bulky laptop.

So I need something with: portability, snap keyboard, runs windows Office, Exel, powerpoint, and that is in a good low budget of about $500-ish.

I know it sounds kinda needy for a that kind of price but if anyone knows of a tablet that meets my specifications that would be great.

Thanks!

P.S. He asked that if the Windows Surface 2 was a good tablet.

bac0n

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2010
I have a Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2 and in my opinion they are both excellent devices if you are looking for a PC replacement type of tablet. They are a bit on the pricier side but they are great for business use.

If you are looking for something more affordable and smaller that also runs Windows & Office, etc you could look at the Dell Venue 8 Pro. Make sure to get the Pro and not the RT one. I think these at like $250 so they are easier to swallow. I have a co worker that uses one when traveling or not feeling like bringing laptop to meetings, they are nice.

Bac0n

notherdude

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
Surface 2 (formerly Surface RT) is a great tablet with sadly limited application support but it does come with Office. That's what I would get for the use scenario you describe, if I have to stay under $500. There are lots of great tablet/ultrabooks that run full Windows 8.1 but they cost a lot more. (There are cheaper one's that aren't bad really but they have the look and feel of a netbook which I find offputting myself)
I personally have a Lenovo Helix but it sells for 1400+. Of course there is the ipad but once you outfit one with a keyboard and a full version of office you are into a lot of money over time. I'd say get the Surface 2 or else bite the bullet and get a really nice machine that will double as your tablet AND your notebook.

masmotors

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
galaxy tab underated but shines brite i use for none business so cant tell but from a atblet and i have tried ipad big and mini galaxy tab 3 mini or full size is worth the small investment and android os is nice