make use of home phone

Ibry

Estimable
Mar 27, 2014
How to bring all your home phone to your cell phone and make use of your home phone cheap plans?

you have fixed price on calls using your home phone and so you want to make all those call through your cellphone, is there a way ?

Maybe a remote access you home phone using internet, like a device that will open the home phone and dial your number through a special software that can be downloaded in your cell phone and transfer voice over the internet !

it will be great if it's possible ... Thanks

Solution
You'd need a VoIP exchange at home with a FXO port. Then port forwarding in your router and either a static IP or a public IP with a DynDNS address.

Also, many cellphone companies try to block you using these services by deep packet inspection and stopping SIP, so it might not work.

Ibry

Estimable
Mar 27, 2014
I'm asking if there's a way to make this possible using for example VoIP or Remote Access using PC Modem, as simple as access your home phone line using a cell phone and make calls that you can hear and talk using any special app or device that is attached to home phone line to make that possible.

Ibry

Estimable
Mar 27, 2014

Yes data is always cheaper as far as I believe, but does VoIP requires additional services from the provider or is it all hardware and internet solutions?

Did you have the chance to try one?

Thanks

You'd need a VoIP exchange at home with a FXO port. Then port forwarding in your router and either a static IP or a public IP with a DynDNS address.

Also, many cellphone companies try to block you using these services by deep packet inspection and stopping SIP, so it might not work.

Solution

Ibry

Estimable
Mar 27, 2014

Thanks... Tell me what do you think of this one "3CXPhone for Android", I think it's all that I need.. Tell me if you know better solution or cheaper one :)

Thanks

Ibry

Estimable
Mar 27, 2014

Yes I know, I will buy a whole system as long as it works, it seems to me it requires both software and hardware capable of regulating and legalizing the idea...

You see I live somewhere in the Middle East where the pill for making calls is very high... But with one offer I have with the ground phone line I can make call to all different cellphone networks with a fixed monthly price, which originally I'm not paying for but the office does.

And during the time off no one is using this line so I'm thinking of using it thanks to my IT position in the office :) I will have no problem but with only how to make it possible.. Then I can make all the calls for free and I will buy the system in my account if I will have to.

It's kind of a partnership kind of business :)

Any more ideas :)

Thank you all

Ibry

Estimable
Mar 27, 2014

MagicJack is nice for those to make a lot of call to US or Canada, if you read the last two replays you will get the point of my question :)

Thank you