andriod version glitch

fatt123

Estimable
Mar 10, 2014
HELLO THERE AGAIN.....
SO I JUST BUYED A NEW PHONE LENOVO A369i AND IT HAS ANDRIOD 4.2 JELLY BEAN VERSION BUT MANY OF THE APPS LIKE INSTAGRAM AND FACEBOOK DONT GET DOWNLOADED IN IT...WHEN I SEARCH THE APPS IN THE PLAYSTORE THEY DONT COME IN THE SEARCH RESULTS BUT THEN I TRIED VARIOUS WAYS SO ITS COMES IN THE SEARCH RESULTS BUT THEN SHOWS YOUR DEVICE IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THIS VERSION!!!
SO MY QUESTION IS HOW COME THE LATEST VERSION OF ANDRIOD IS NOT SUPPORTING SUCH POPULAR APPS ??

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
First of all, I THINK YOUR CAPS LOCK KEY IS STUCK.

Secondly, where are you located? Play Store uses location restrictions. Based on where you live, certain apps may or may not be available to you.

Third, the apps you're getting the "not compatible" message from, may simply not have been updated yet. Try again in a week or so.

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Your location setting is determined by the carrier your device is registered to, and by your account information.

One way I know of to force a location change in Play Store is to use a credit card from the country in question to make a purchase. For example, making a purchase with an American Visa card, would enable the American app catalog.

Though, if you don't have American relatives or otherwise means to an American credit card, you're probably stuck with the Arab store.

You could always try enabling installation from third party sources in your phones settings, and track down the .apk file for the app you are trying to install online. This does come with it's own set of problems though. Particularly security threats. If the app came from an untrusted source, then it could quite possibly be infected with malware and cause your device harm. If you do attempt this route, I recommend finding a good mobile security for your phone. Scan before and after installation of any apps you download from a third party.