$300-500 budget Lenovo, Asus or Toshiba?

Which is more reliable in the $300-500 price range Lenovo, Asus or Toshiba?

• Lenovo

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Asus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toshiba

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jakoul

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
Can I get some opinions between these three brands and within this price range? I'm going to be looking at sales later in the year, but I'm mainly focusing on this price range. Waiting to save more money also isn't an option so responses like that won't be of any help. I'm aiming for $450 max but $500 is my limit.

Specifically I'm looking to get a 15.6" 4GB-6GB 1.5GHz+ Quad-core CPU and if I got to be really choosy, a matte screen.

Because all of these brands have these options within this price range, which brand has more reliable laptops within this price range?

What I've read is Asus only offers a 90 day warranty and I've read some really bad reviews but supposedly the laptops last while Toshiba and Lenovo both offer a 1 year warranty but supposedly break more.

Jakoul

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013

I see! Thanks for the replies. I'm glad you mentioned that stuff about AMD CPUs because I compared the one you linked and another CPU I was eyeing that was also in a Lenovo. The i5 despite being a dual core was 40-60% better in all of the benchmark tests while the AMD was a quad core rated quite higher.

I suppose I'll have to rely on this forum more when it comes to purchasing my future laptop. Out of curiosity, what is wrong with Celeron CPUs like the baytrails?

Jakoul

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013

I see. Thanks a ton man. I just need to wait and see what is on sale when I end up getting the laptop. Thanks. :D