Like a Dream: Hands On with Sony's Morpheus VR Headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevo777

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2008
I love the idea of VR, but it seem like a prescription for disaster if you are not sitting in a couch or chair playing. If you are stumbling around on your feet, basically blindfolded, how long is it going to be before people start tripping over objects in their homes and injuring themselves.

Sep 22, 2013
I love the idea of VR, but it seem like a prescription for disaster if you are not sitting in a couch or chair playing. If you are stumbling around on your feet, basically blindfolded, how long is it going to be before people start tripping over objects in their homes and injuring themselves.
Considering it's going to be wireless, you could feasibly just plug in the PS4 in an open area, say in the basement, and play there.I'm sure this has already sparked ideas in the minds of after-market peripheral makers who are hard at work designing a PS4 playpen of sorts.

Haravikk

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013
Seems a bit weird to do a VR headset then require you to wear a separate set of headphones. It's good that VR might finally be getting closer to an actual, usable product (unlike the days when it was first being hyped decades ago).

mf Red

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
"We held two PlayStation Move controllers in each hand" Two in each hand? Shouldn't this be "We held two PlayStation Move controllers, one in each hand"

stevo777

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2008
Cyberith, or the like, keeps you from tripping over your furniture:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7n5kRRHDpw
Very cool device, but what is the cost? How many people are going to buy it as a percentage of the total Morpheus customers? The girl in this article claims to be swinging swords--are your hands going to smash into the Cyberith at some point when doing such a thing? I guess my point is that there were definitely quite a few klutzy people throwing Wii remotes into their TV's. Granted, you sophisticated types won't have a problem, but I would be willing to bet there will be a bunch of people who do. Just my opinion.

Cali Dude

Estimable
Feb 28, 2014
Looking at the picture that would make one good virtual bird flying simulator.
YES again!!!Can you imagine laying on your stomach and playing this? Or playing a Superman orother flying super-hero game!?The future is full of win.

Status
Not open for further replies.