Shopping for Windows Tablets to replace laptop functions?

young707

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2011
I am shopping for a Windows Tablets to replace basic tasks of my Windows laptop while travelling.

Can you please tell me which Windows Tablet can do these best :
1. do Outlook email?
2. connect to mouse & keyboard easily
3. can do copy & paste competently (I use Android Tablets and this copy & paste tasks are tough).
4. Reasonable low cost and very light weight

Thank you.

popatim

Splendid
Outlook the web based app or outlook the full pc program?
There is also an outlook mobile version that can synchronize almost all your outlook data available for Win phone, Iphone/ipad, and androids.

young707

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2011
I prefer Windows Outlook running POP3/STMP and off-line to do the volume daily editing/reply. The editing part / copy / paste is quite difficult using tablet/phone on screen keyboard. Upi may be able to do 5 letter every morning with your phone, but not 40 to 80 email daily.

popatim

Splendid
No idea of your budget or size restrictions so hopefully one of these will meet your needs.

Asus Transformer Book T100TA (64GB)
Microsoft Surface Pro 2
Panasonic Toughpad FZ-G1
Dell Venue 11 Pro
Razer Edge Pro
Dell Venue 8 Pro
Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 2 Pro
Lenovo Miix 2 8
Toshiba Encore
Sony VAIO Tap 11

young707

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2011
the key is weight. Lenovo Miix 2 is at 0.77 lbs, but without keyboard / mouse (require bluetooth connection).

Is any of your list in similar weight group?

popatim

Splendid
Those are the ones that I know of that run the pc version of windows 8/8.1 and therefor can run the pc version of outlook (as opposed to windows 8 RT which cannot).

Sorry but I'm not about to look up specs for you too. Visit your retailers and try them out. There might be things that are a concern for you that you don't yet realize such as aspect ratio or bezel thickness or even available accessories.