Closed

Best Fitness Trackers 2014 (Archive)

Tags:
  • Fitness Trackers
  • Health
  • Wearables
Last response: in Fitness Trackers
March 14, 2014 1:44:03 PM

Fitness tracker bands come in many varieties, but the ‘best’ band is the one that suits your lifestyle. Here are our top picks by category.

Best Fitness Trackers 2014 : Read more

More about : fitness trackers 2014

November 20, 2014 1:55:36 AM

Microsoft Band is not waterproof.
Score
Related resources
January 23, 2015 6:36:18 AM

Was the FitBit Charge, Charge HR, and Surge considered / reviewed, but didn't make the cut?
Score
January 28, 2015 5:47:40 PM

I am trying to find a watch to monitor sleep and heart rate for my dad that doesn't need a smart phone. Anyone know of one? Thank you.
Score
February 2, 2015 12:57:41 PM

@Mumbling Mac - Our reviews for the Fitbit Charge, Charge HR and Surge are now up. The Charge HR is now our favorite overall, and the Surge is our favorite fitness tracker watch.
@Iafn - You can use the Charge HR with just a notebook or computer.
Score
April 7, 2015 5:33:39 PM

The Fitbit is not water proof up to 33ft. It is splasproof at the very best.
Score
April 17, 2015 1:25:06 PM

I'm trying to decide on the UP 3 or the Fitbit surge. I got the UP 24 for Christmas and am NOT happy with it's sleep tracker, nor is it comfortable to wear. From what I have read online, the faulty sleep mode seems to be a big problem with the UP 24. I'm returning it!! With that said, I am curious if the UP 3 has the same problems. I still want a fitness tracker, especially one that has a sleep tracker without bugs. UP 3 or Fitbit Surge?
Score
June 20, 2015 6:29:05 AM

Thanks for updating the article Valentina.
Score
June 26, 2015 10:31:12 AM

OK...I have the Garmin Vivofit II. Counts steps, gives me an audio warning if I sit for more than an hour...gives me the time, date/ month, sleep function, heart rate if I use my chest band, times, calories and automatically raise my step goal the more I walk. It also has a back light...and the batteries last a year. I find it works well and is waterproof.....So it has replaced my regular wrist watch...be aware the only way to change the time is to sych it will your computer....
Score
June 27, 2015 10:02:56 AM

Thanks mfano. I like the audio warning on sitting ... I have a sit/stand desk at work ... that would be useful. :) 
Score
September 10, 2015 11:20:28 PM

Honestly, I don't like the Fitness Band. I think it is much better two a smart watch rather than using a Fitness Band. Currently I am using Samsung Gear S and thinking about switching to upcoming Modular smart watch.
Score
October 7, 2015 10:55:15 PM

ChargeHR is already mentioned as number 1. But what about FitBit Surge?
Score
November 29, 2015 11:03:38 AM

Hi. I currently wear the Fitbit Flex. I track my calories burned during weightlifting and cardio workouts with a Polar HRM. I would like a wearable that will do both. I currently track my workouts with Fiitness Pal. Do I need a coach tracker or a fitness tracker? I noticed there were classifications for each in your review. Thansk.s.
Score
November 30, 2015 6:47:49 AM

@Mo - If you like the Fitbit Flex, then I suggest upgrading to the Fitbit Charge HR, which has a heart rate monitor built in.
Score
December 10, 2015 3:51:58 AM

Thanks mprospero.

How about we clean up and close this thread and start a new one, with links to all of the various models in the first post?

Then we can get some feedback from users, and deal with their queries?

Score
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook
  • ajouter un flux RSS