Garmin Vivofit Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

kim kiri

Estimable
Mar 13, 2014
Garmin focused activity trackerSome Good Ideas and focused activity trackerKeep moving. That's the message you'll get from anyone offering up fitness advice these days. It's snappy, simple and probably quite valid. The problem is that it can be hard to quantify how much activity is merely part of our basic existential requirements before we get to the part that counts as extra, life-enhancing exercise. As always, technology to the rescue. On this occasion, it's an activity tracker from a company with heritage in this space: Garmin. The product? The Vivofit fitness tracker.Read More : http://garminvs.com/detail.php?id_detail=196

BarnabusJ

Estimable
Jun 17, 2014
Sorry to reort: i returned my Vivofit after a month.

The device itself is OK The internal battery is a real plus over devices that have to be charged frequently. The device is comfortable, and the red bar signalling inactivity actually keeps you thinking about sitting too long.

The real isues are with the app and support for the product, both of which get badly failing grades. The User Interface on the app is quite poor. There is way to much to have to figure out, and neither the manual nor
FAQs are uch help. Even buttons for basic commands like SYNC" are left off. The app seems unstable. I had to re-install the app almost every time I used it. Tech support was aggravatingly bad. When a user goes to the effort to spell out a problem and wait days for a reply, the reply should at least indicate they actually read the questions. The way the replies keyed off of certain words, Garmin may be using a computer auto-response tool rather than real service people. Their support replies are THAT far off.

I chose this product in part because thought Garmin product quality would extend to the Vivofit. But they don't seem to understand what is needed in software design and support for this device. in the end, this product will be quickly forgotten among a slew of version 1.0 fitness trackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.