Samsung Galaxy S3 Fixing help!

allfor5

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013
I was replacing my galaxy s3 case and I think I accidently cut the connector to the digitizer and it no longer turns on, how do I fix this?
28mjqz5.jpg

allfor5

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013

By new screen do you mean glass part or the entire digitizer?

Prior to this happening. The phone was working FLAWLESSLY. The glass part of the screen was a little broken so I decided to buy a $6 glass replacement LCD kit off eBay. I took the screen off and in the process ended up cutting off the digitizer connector cable. Can I buy the little cable individually and reconnect it so that the digitizer gets power? If so what is the little connector cable called. Or do I need a completely new digitizer ($150 too much)

Thanks!

pyr0_m4n

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013

Considering the amount of damage there, it looks like you need a new digitizer.

allfor5

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013

What about this http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Home-Button-Touch-Sensor-Flex-Cable-Ribbon-Samsung-Galaxy-S3-S-III-i9300-/111285533264?pt=US_Cell_Phone_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item19e9227a50

Would that allow the digitizer to get power from the phone? Can you tell me what I did wrong to cause so much damage. I just followed a youtube video and removed the glass. The phone still turns on (Blue light, home, back, option buttons glow) so I just need a cable to connect to the digitizer I think.

I'm really bummed that I just possibly destroyed a $250 phone. Do you know how much I can get for it if I were to sell what's left of it?

Whammy

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
My bad, I thought you cut the other connector on the top right of the digitizer. In that case, the link you posted above is the correct item to fix that. Make sure you do it right this time :p