Your question
Closed

My little sister's Galaxy Tab 3 is really slow! How do I make it faster?

Tags:
  • Unlock
  • Galaxy
  • Galaxy Tab3
Last response: in Android Tablets
March 3, 2014 5:20:12 PM

My little sisters Galaxy Tab 3 is super slow and laggy. How do I make it faster? Even when you press the home button it takes a good 5 seconds to get the home. When you try to press the unlock button to turn on the tab it takes like 4 seconds. So slow. What should I do to make it faster?

More about : sisters galaxy tab slow make faster

March 3, 2014 5:23:52 PM

Double check that the Performance setting is not set to conservative.
Score
March 3, 2014 5:28:49 PM

azathoth said:

Well I did that and it is still slow! Any good free virus and malware scanner?
Score
Related resources
March 19, 2014 9:11:29 PM

It does not have any virus that tablet is cheap for a reason slow processor not enough memory nor ram ... even if you do a factory reset, it will still be slow
Score

Best solution

March 21, 2014 11:32:57 AM

Dougddd said:
My little sisters Galaxy Tab 3 is super slow and laggy. How do I make it a lot faster. Even when you press the home button it takes a good 5 seconds to get the home. When you try to press the unlock button to turn on the tab it takes like 4 seconds. So slow. What should I do to make it faster?

One way is to set it back to factory default. You would have to reset everything up and the app you purchased you will be able to DL again. I've noticed a slowdown with android when you update to a major OS update.

May 30, 2014 12:56:37 PM

Dougddd said:
azathoth said:

It worked for me. Went into Power Saving....and unchecked CPU power saving......and now my galaxy tab 3 went from slow as shit.... to fast ass shit!!!!!! Thanks 4 the Info!!!!!
Score
August 24, 2014 7:04:28 AM

Dougddd said:
azathoth said:

Thanks. Changed the processor setting on power saving mode and its working as normal.
Score
October 7, 2014 7:47:55 PM

yomero1 said:
It does not have any virus that tablet is cheap for a reason slow processor not enough memory nor ram ... even if you do a factory reset, it will still be slow

Mine runs just fine. Nothing takes more than a couple of seconds.
Memory is ram, btw, and the tab 3 has 1.5gb - more than enough.
It's no rocketship, but it's fine for internet and basic apps.

Just reset the thing to factory.

Score
November 8, 2014 10:30:31 PM

I too went into power saving turned it on. Disabled the two setting in it, then turned off power saving and instant super speed of the tablet. Thanks for the tip you guys.
Score
December 5, 2014 7:56:23 AM

Thank you for the great tips on this thread. They have totally solved the problem.
Score
December 28, 2014 3:24:47 PM

Dougddd said:
azathoth said:

Dr. Web: it costs money but works well.
Score
March 18, 2015 3:40:55 PM

Try an app called cleanmaster, it comes with a task manager and junk file tool.
You can have the memory boost as a widget on the home screen so whenever the tablet runs slow you can free up some of the memory, works great for me.
Score
May 17, 2015 6:06:57 AM

i think i know how to fast up you tab you said went you prease the home bottoun it is slow so here what you going to do open s voice open settings then then it sayed
open via home key,ues location date disblay them.then test that all p.s. i have tab to and it works :D 

Score
January 8, 2016 6:26:04 PM

I switched the cpu off and it worked so fast estimated for a website to full load on the tablet is more than 40 seconds difference

Score
January 23, 2016 1:02:21 AM

Thank you! This helped me out alot! i was about to smash the shit out of my tab3 bc of how slow it was! thank you, you just saved me from doing something stupid! lol

Score
March 7, 2016 3:47:08 AM

I too have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, recently purchased it and it was already re-set. But running really slow, performance setting already switch off. Installed Clean Master but still no better. Any more ideas?
Score
April 3, 2016 5:47:55 PM

Thank you! Unchecked the box in settings and the tablet is super fast again. Great!
Score
January 12, 2017 7:47:09 AM

I just checked 'storage' settings on my Tab3. The cache was taking up a lot of space. I deleted it and the tablet perked right up.
Score
January 14, 2017 2:54:46 PM

GO Into settings and go to 'developer options ' and select Window animation scale animation Transiton scale Animation duration scale and switch the settings to animation is off
Score
February 14, 2017 5:30:24 AM

I just want to thank you guys cause I had same problem and when I followed this thread and solved my problem and my tab now came back faster like before. Thanks.
Score
March 25, 2017 5:25:19 AM

Dougddd said:
My little sisters Galaxy Tab 3 is super slow and laggy. How do I make it faster? Even when you press the home button it takes a good 5 seconds to get the home. When you try to press the unlock button to turn on the tab it takes like 4 seconds. So slow. What should I do to make it faster?

I Opened my tablet and took out the SD card (its the tablet storage) not your own you put in from tablet outside and then with adapter i put into computer then goto
perfrormance and ReadyBoost make it more. Tablet will be faster but u will have less space in the storage

Sorry for bad grammar. Im Not From English
Score
December 8, 2017 4:51:32 AM

Try 'Settings > Advanced Features' and turn off Smart Capture, Palm Swipe to Capture, Easy Mute, and Direct Share.
Score
December 11, 2017 1:52:02 AM

Dougddd said:

Score
December 11, 2017 1:56:13 AM

Like you, I was duped into buying a SAMSUNG tablet. I have a Tab E. My tablet is so slow, many times it just stops working. The best thing I can suggest is spend the extra money and buy an Apple product. SAMSUNG makes lousy products. They don't use fast enough chips or provide enough memory. My next tablet has to be an Apple.
Score
December 13, 2017 12:08:38 PM

It has severe operational problems.
Plethora of unused apps installed by default - and at best it looks like you can only revert to factory version. Why this matters? It's a total glutton of your bandwidth with update/update/update for junk you never use.

And be forewarned, factory reset, as advised by many, will throw your system into lengthy update mode for every one of those apps. I found no better performance after doing so either so it was a massive waste of time.

I can only assume Google has very low standards for their development.
Score
December 13, 2017 12:18:17 PM

ameliaairhead1998 said:
It has severe operational problems.
Plethora of unused apps installed by default - and at best it looks like you can only revert to factory version. Why this matters? It's a total glutton of your bandwidth with update/update/update for junk you never use.

And be forewarned, factory reset, as advised by many, will throw your system into lengthy update mode for every one of those apps. I found no better performance after doing so either so it was a massive waste of time.

I can only assume Google has very low standards for their development.

Is yours an LTE version and/or Verizon specifically?
Score
February 1, 2018 7:10:15 PM

Do you have secure folder app installed in your Tab S3? I encountered a similar problem where the my Tab would lag, freeze, or glitch out when I unlocked it or tried to get to the home screen, but after I uninstalled the secure folder app out of frustration the Tab functioned like new for me. Maybe try to uninstall secure folder app from the Tab and see if that fixes it.
Score
February 1, 2018 8:43:02 PM

Forgot about this thread...
I was using Nova launcher when I had the lag issues. Something made me think that could be the issues at some point so I switched to the Google Now launcher and that really solved all my problems. Not sure whether I have the secure folder app but if I do I've never used it.
Score
March 24, 2018 11:25:46 AM

Dougddd said:

Hi
i had the same problem with my Samsung galaxy tab , i did everything you could imagine from uninstall programs to clean the phone and complete restart and restore . but nothing made any difference , until i heard about apple that intentionally slow down some devices . and apple said the reason is weak battery , but i think it is for marketing reason . so this info gave me idea to fix my problem.
first i installed a cpu monitor app from play store and i saw that the CPU frequency is 50 % less than originally advertised !!!
so first i root the device , then installed cpu overdrive program from play store also .
by cpu overdrive program i managed to change maximum cpu frequency from 600 Mhz to 1080 MHz , originally my samsung tablet had 1080 Mhz but after last update it forced to 600 Mhz.
by this adjust to cpu , the tablet brought back to original speed .
i have to say that i did this by my own risk , although it was safe and fast . but guaranteed same speed as before .
Score
March 24, 2018 11:39:30 AM

orlbuckeye said:
Dougddd said:
My little sisters Galaxy Tab 3 is super slow and laggy. How do I make it a lot faster. Even when you press the home button it takes a good 5 seconds to get the home. When you try to press the unlock button to turn on the tab it takes like 4 seconds. So slow. What should I do to make it faster?

One way is to set it back to factory default. You would have to reset everything up and the app you purchased you will be able to DL again. I've noticed a slowdown with android when you update to a major OS update.

yes factory default help with some cases , but with many devices the problem comes to the limiting the cpu frequencies . some manufacturers say it is because of old battery and it cause over heating or exploding of battery .
root your phone , install cpu kernel adiutor (root) app , and safely bring back cpu to original speed .
Score
March 24, 2018 11:40:57 AM

orlbuckeye said:
Dougddd said:

yes factory default help with some cases , but with many devices the problem comes to the limiting the cpu frequencies . some manufacturers say it is because of old battery and it cause over heating or exploding of battery .
root your phone , install cpu kernel adiutor (root) app , and safely bring back cpu to original speed .
Score
March 24, 2018 11:41:00 AM

orlbuckeye said:
Dougddd said:

Score
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook
  • ajouter un flux RSS