My little sister's Galaxy Tab 3 is really slow! How do I make it faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dougddd

Estimable
Mar 3, 2014
My little sisters Galaxy Tab 3 is super slow and laggy. How do I make it faster? Even when you press the home button it takes a good 5 seconds to get the home. When you try to press the unlock button to turn on the tab it takes like 4 seconds. So slow. What should I do to make it faster?

Solution

One way is to set it back to factory default. You would have to reset everything up and the app you purchased you will be able to DL again. I've noticed a slowdown with android when you update to a major OS update.

Dougddd

Estimable
Mar 3, 2014

Well I did that and it is still slow! Any good free virus and malware scanner?

yomero1

Estimable
Mar 20, 2014
It does not have any virus that tablet is cheap for a reason slow processor not enough memory nor ram ... even if you do a factory reset, it will still be slow

orlbuckeye

Distinguished

One way is to set it back to factory default. You would have to reset everything up and the app you purchased you will be able to DL again. I've noticed a slowdown with android when you update to a major OS update.

Solution

Goslok

Estimable
May 30, 2014

It worked for me. Went into Power Saving....and unchecked CPU power saving......and now my galaxy tab 3 went from slow as shit.... to fast ass shit!!!!!! Thanks 4 the Info!!!!!

ChrisBastian

Estimable
Aug 24, 2014

Thanks. Changed the processor setting on power saving mode and its working as normal.

Snickerbritches

Estimable
Oct 7, 2014

Mine runs just fine. Nothing takes more than a couple of seconds.
Memory is ram, btw, and the tab 3 has 1.5gb - more than enough.
It's no rocketship, but it's fine for internet and basic apps.

Just reset the thing to factory.

zac724

Estimable
Feb 10, 2014
I too went into power saving turned it on. Disabled the two setting in it, then turned off power saving and instant super speed of the tablet. Thanks for the tip you guys.

snp46

Estimable
Dec 28, 2014

Dr. Web: it costs money but works well.

deanoy

Estimable
Mar 18, 2015
Try an app called cleanmaster, it comes with a task manager and junk file tool.
You can have the memory boost as a widget on the home screen so whenever the tablet runs slow you can free up some of the memory, works great for me.

hazviper

Estimable
May 17, 2015
i think i know how to fast up you tab you said went you prease the home bottoun it is slow so here what you going to do open s voice open settings then then it sayed
open via home key,ues location date disblay them.then test that all p.s. i have tab to and it works :D

Richie_3

Estimable
Jan 23, 2016
Thank you! This helped me out alot! i was about to smash the shit out of my tab3 bc of how slow it was! thank you, you just saved me from doing something stupid! lol

digigray

Commendable
Mar 7, 2016
I too have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, recently purchased it and it was already re-set. But running really slow, performance setting already switch off. Installed Clean Master but still no better. Any more ideas?

Tiny Tech

Commendable
Jan 14, 2017
GO Into settings and go to 'developer options ' and select Window animation scale animation Transiton scale Animation duration scale and switch the settings to animation is off

Ayman_7

Prominent
Feb 14, 2017
I just want to thank you guys cause I had same problem and when I followed this thread and solved my problem and my tab now came back faster like before. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.