How to move files onto SD card in Samsung Galaxy Tab 3?

Sarobi

Estimable
Mar 2, 2014
Hi there,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 tablet with a 32GB SD Memory card installed, BUT even though the tablet native memory is full, I cannot move files or reroute them to the SD card which has 29.6GB available.

Can someone who has had experience with this problem please help me?
My "factory" (16GB memory) is totally full and the tablet will not function properly.

Many thanks in advance!!!

Sarobi

Estimable
Mar 2, 2014

Thank you my (new) friend! I'll give this a try and hopefully it will resolve the issue.

Sarobi

cristian uribe

Estimable
Apr 29, 2014
friend that everything must make him root to your tablet depues enter to the directory dba and modify the instalacionde applications, but the only one problem is at the moment of the installation of new updates in the native applications of the tablet him recomendaria mas after making the root install an app that what it does is to do a duct between the memory sd and the memory of the telephone and to there be zero problems to app calls directory bind.

baronus

Estimable
Jun 20, 2014

doesnt work still downloads to internal memory

tlove11

Estimable
Jul 11, 2014

Can u like repost that link for the sd card problem cause its gone

hychamaz

Estimable
Nov 11, 2014
I am having the same problem and nothing will work for my 6 year olds sons tab 3. Ive been at this for 2 days and getting tired. No way to move anything to the SD card, all 3 rd party programs dont work. They just show me which ones can be moved... Help please you guys. Thanks in advance, Graham

LJ14

Estimable
Nov 26, 2014

Simply go to settings from the homepage and click application manager...this will take you directly to a list of the apps you have on the tablet. Click the app and it will open up and just click move to sd card. Hope this helped.

xkinigitx

Estimable
Dec 14, 2014

This does not work on the Galaxy Tab 3. The option to move each application to SD Card is unavailable (unlike my Galaxy SIII).

hychamaz

Estimable
Nov 11, 2014
The solution is not that. Tab 2s with 4.0 had that option. Tab 3s with 4.2 (ICS) had this easy option also. BUT Samsung Galaxy Tab 3s with Jellybean 4.1.2 do not have ANY option to move data or games to the SD card! This is confirmed by Samsung btw. Many argue the reasoning, most say it was so that you had to buy a new tab when this was full.
I have had 3 experts helping do what Samsung says is impossible!! They had to upgrade these to 4.4 Jellybeans, root them, and install a custom ROM. I have about 120 hours invested in this. It is now a personal obsession :) So many ROMs tried, so many issues with each, so much custom coding... I still have a list of problems. We are sorting them 1 by 1. I want a perfect 4.4 Tab 3. I have spent more money on this project then if I had bought the newest best of the best Android or Apple. Probably combined... It is a nightmare. tHIS PROGRAM IS NEEDED TO CHANGE THIS, THIS ONE TO DO THIS, ETC ETC....
I will publish this all to you guys after it is done. Then I am going sleep for a month...

peterfred

Estimable
Dec 21, 2014
I like your atatude . I too have a tab 3 same problem tried rooting but still no go .
I was wondering if you worked out a solution yet and if so can you help me out with it
Thanks Peter

jgl02

Estimable
Dec 28, 2014
Go to Apps (press on Icon)
Go to “My Files” Folder.
You will be given an option to choose between "Device storage" and SD memory card. Choose Device storage.
Go To “Download” (this is where I tried this method. Not sure if it will work in other Folders).
Check the files you want to move (there is also the option of selecting all files by checking the blank box that aligns with the blank boxes next to each file. Should be at center top of screen).
Ensure you have a side pane window (left) that allows you to see all folders within the My Files Folder, along with the Downloads folder files (in my case). You should have those two window panes visible.
Look for “extSdCard” folder.
Place finger on file you would like to move and leave finger pressed for a few seconds until it turns a different color (mine turned a transparent blue). You can now manipulate (move) the file.
Note: If you have multiple files that you would like to move, you only have to place your finger on one file. This will automatically choose all checked files. You will see a number to the right of the transparent box with the number of files you “have chosen”.
Place file(s) into the extSdCard folder. If you have created a folder within your SD card where you would like to move the file(s) place file there.
This will move each file, one by one, into the extSdCard. Each file, depending on size, will take from a second to a few seconds.

Kitkat 4.4.2

Hope this helps.

txnprincesscc

Estimable
Jan 7, 2015

This allows you to move some files but not apps. There has to be a way to get around this issue.

wrunnels1646

Estimable
Jan 11, 2015

I hope so because now I am kicking myself in the butt for buying my daughter a Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Kids Edition. It only has 8gb of internal storage so today I bought her a 32gb micro sd card and now I come across this problem. I'm about to go nuts!

Lucas Barbosa

Estimable
Jan 14, 2015
Google wants android phones to have apps on internal memory only, because of sd card instabilities and etc. So all the support for moving apps to sd card has been removed on kitkat.

Only REALsolution to move apps to the external sd card in this case is to root and install some app like foldermount.

You will fool the system creating a link to the external sd card. System will think the file is in the internal memory, but it is not. I recommend using foldermount to move the obb files created by the games (huge files, each one can even be over 1 GB) . This should be enough to enable you to install as many games as your card can handle.

Maurice p

Estimable
Feb 3, 2015
We'll to make it simple go to your files, not setting but files. And then click device, once you click that it should have an option of data and obb. And just click data or obb, which both of those folder may contain games, or files you may want move to sd card. So after that all you gotta do is click the move to arrow, which will look like this

ellamenno

Estimable
Mar 14, 2015
I use a translator for good use. I have the sd card for a music song, amd it has been full of hardship. My phone rings and it is a cat. I tell him no but its always cats. My wife says it is my boss, so I let him. I had a dentist, ok! I usdd to work at a grist mill sew I know all about it. I could transfer using windows , but not os. I used "the thing left ignored" error, but it was to late. I had a bunch of mu letters. Looks like its going to be the goat shed again for me. Thanks you for your consideration.

carolynn83

Estimable
Mar 30, 2015
from the Home screen press and hold on a downloaded app and three things will appear at the top of the screen. create a folder, app info, and remove. Drag the app to app info. under storage you have the option to move the location of storage. hope this helps

quotemsg=12796058,0,1597025]

Thank you my (new) friend! I'll give this a try and hopefully it will resolve the issue.

Sarobi[/quotemsg]

sarahsigler

Estimable
Apr 4, 2015

Thank you! Yours is the first thing that has worked. I have been trying for ddays! U are awesome