Best Bang For my Buck and reliability

EricTheGr8

Honorable
Apr 13, 2013
Ive been in the market for a tablet for my 6 year old daughter....im steering away from kid tablets because I figured I could probably just get a better one for the money by getting a regular one and just download whatever she might use on it. Also id probably share it with her and use it when shes not.

Im looking to get the most bang for my buck and maintain quality and reliability after trying to keep it within the $100 range its been tricky trying to find quality im willing to go up to around the $150 range now.

Ive looked at and researched a lot...thought about last years model of nexus 7 since the price drops but also looking at the sero 7 pro and memo pad hd...while a larger tablet would be nice the price ranges are higher if you want quality so anything good in the 7-9 inch range compareable to these machines would probably be fine...share your expertise and opionions thanks.

Solution
If you're into used, I have an Acer A500 (that I'm not selling) that's been working for around 4-5 years without issues. Everyone in my family has dropped this thing at least once and it still works like day 1 (it doesn't even have a case either). It has a 2MP front-facing and 5MP rear-facing camera. It's rock solid, but a 10.1". If you can find one used, they're a good bet.

It really seems like you might be better off getting something used in that price range if you can find something. There are quite a few no-brand tablets out there in the $100-$150 range, but they usually have far less on-board memory (2 or 4GB) and no memory card ports either. I've seen some like this at the drug store by my house.

A used iPad mini might...

EricTheGr8

Honorable
Apr 13, 2013
I had a friend who got a kind fire hd and she was unhappy with it because of the lack of camera...id prefer camera expandable storage and things of that nature....its for entertainment ...web stuff videos Skype chat games

ubercake

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
If you're into used, I have an Acer A500 (that I'm not selling) that's been working for around 4-5 years without issues. Everyone in my family has dropped this thing at least once and it still works like day 1 (it doesn't even have a case either). It has a 2MP front-facing and 5MP rear-facing camera. It's rock solid, but a 10.1". If you can find one used, they're a good bet.

It really seems like you might be better off getting something used in that price range if you can find something. There are quite a few no-brand tablets out there in the $100-$150 range, but they usually have far less on-board memory (2 or 4GB) and no memory card ports either. I've seen some like this at the drug store by my house.

A used iPad mini might be a good option as well? I've had one of those for a couple of years now. It hasn't gotten quite the abuse because of the protective case. I think it's a 7" or 8".

Solution

EricTheGr8

Honorable
Apr 13, 2013
Im an androd man I abhore iproducts as my friends and gf have had ipods and iphones and had nothing but problems with them lol...as I said im not overly picky I just want something decent affordable and reliable I looked into the ones I mentioned and they seemd to have some decent specs I just figured id check with some experts to get some input.