Acer One d250 - Broken after motherboard replacement.

Ictoo

Estimable
Feb 26, 2014
Hello, My Acer One D250 has had some problem, i will go in to more detail but now it's broken broken.

Firstly it wouldn't charge, tested the battery that was fine tested a few other things and it seemed it was the chip on the motherboard(did volt testing) so i buy a new motherboard but it's a little different from the one originally in the laptop (Old one - PAV70 LA-6421P | New one - PAV70 LA-6221P) The new one comes with only 256MBs of ram(nothing else so i move other parts from old motherboard to the new one like speakers,wireless card and so on) and my old ram wouldn't fit in so i buy some more ram 2GBs put it all in i start it up and all i get it blue power light and the charger light when the battery is plugged in.

The screen is black i hear the fan turn on for a few seconds, i don't think the USB are powering up as i tried to flash the bios and nothing wouldn't work.

Sorry if i rambled on a bit but i really have no idea where to go from here, is the motherboard is broken? should i just break it up and sell the parts? can anyone see something I've missed or give me and idea of what to try?

It will fit because the case design between the two motherboards is identical. If the RAM you had in your old system does not fit this new motherboard, the motherboard was not made for your model, which means the video connectors to the screen may not be compatible. If you had DDR2 and now have DDR3 or the other way around, it's a totally different chipset even if they have a similar model number.

The only thing I could suggest is to either replace the system fully with a working one, which should not be pricy, the Acer One is a low end system and a used one is probably close to the price of just the motherboard, or to get the exact same motherboard model as was in yours.