DonnyTechMaster

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
I recently have been trying to get my nexus 7(2012) to connect to my pc. When I plug it in there is no indication at all that it is connected. The only thing that happens is the charging symbol appears, but on my PC there is no feedback whatsoever. There is also nothing appearing in device manager, it's as if the device does not even exist!

Things I've tried:

- Put tablet in PTP mode (worked once, but never again)

- Turned on USB debugging

- Tried removing lingering drivers (were not shown in device manager) with a tool called USBDeview. There were 2 left over devices (Both said Nexus 7)

- Did factory reset through the settings, which didn't work, then tried through the bootloader, and that didn't work either.

- Tried different USB cables, and tried connecting to different computer. Still nothing.

- Beat head against wall in frustration.

Sorry for the long list, but I really did try just about everything I could think of. Hopefully some linux guru can save me on this one :D

omniglhs

Estimable
Aug 17, 2014
Where do you get the ribbon cable from? I just am experiencing the same problem. Makes noise like it is recognized but doesn't show up anywhere...Tried resetting which had fixed problem last time I had installed and app which it didn't like for the usb connection. This time nothing seems to fix. Any suggestions would be great.
Computer used. Windows 8 I also have a mac which I am going to try but I am not getting my hopes up at this point. Thanks. Not sure if they would take but I will investigate.

DonnyTechMaster

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013

Just search up "nexus 7 port replacement" and you will find it. It replaces the entire bottom section (micro USB/ speakers).

danmhie

Estimable
Mar 19, 2015
I had the sme problem just like you...
What i did is this.

Go to ur cwm recovery if you have one. Go to Advanced option then click Fix Permission. But before u do that delete first ur existing backup.

Then after u click the fix Permission, make a backup again then restore.

Hope this work for you