Aviator: Hands-On With the Most Secure Web Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitch074

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
@Lightbulbie: the main aim of Aviator is not to protect you against virii and whatever, but to improve in a drastic way your personal protection against sniffers, trackers etc. Which is a good idea. However, Firefox+AdBlock (properly set up)+NoScript+Do Not Track enabled do, AFAIK, provide pretty much the same level of safety, if not better. And, personally, I don't trust a closed source browser - period.

JimSheba

Estimable
Mar 25, 2014
@Lightbulbie: the main aim of Aviator is not to protect you against virii and whatever, but to improve in a drastic way your personal protection against sniffers, trackers etc. Which is a good idea. However, Firefox+AdBlock (properly set up)+NoScript+Do Not Track enabled do, AFAIK, provide pretty much the same level of safety, if not better. And, personally, I don't trust a closed source browser - period.

rls4605

Estimable
Mar 27, 2014
This browser is very fast, much faster than chrome, firefox, and IE. That is my experience on my win 8.1 laptop and desktop. I like it.

LAKEEMERALD

Estimable
Apr 2, 2014
ABSURD THAT FIREFOX IS SOLD OUT TO THE CHINESE HIJACKER LIKE POKKI , AND OPERA SOLD OUT TO MALWARE, AND CHROME IS A GREAT SPYWARE!

Diffie

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
When I attempted to install Aviator, I received a threat warning from Webroot which then immediately removed the software. If Webroot does not trust it, neither do I.

Diffie

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
When I attempted to install Aviator, I received a threat warning from Webroot which then immediately removed the software. If Webroot does not trust it, neither do I.

solmaker

Estimable
Jul 2, 2014
Aviator was repeatedly showing up com.whitehatsec.aviator.dmg in Disk Utility. Finally I was able to remove Library/LaunchAgents/com.aviator.agent.plist etc. as described in solmaker posts at https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6337331. As a huge side benefit, my system no longer hangs for a minute on shutdown!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS