Sync Bookmarks to Mobile?

joe2cool

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2008
Hi trying to sync my bookmarks to my Sony Experia M smartphone. Could you pls tell me in order to do so do you also need the 'chrome to mobile' app? I am signed in to my account & 'Chrome to mobile' is ticked. It just says 'Sync' setup in progress & on clicking just says' loading' but never does? Could you pls tell me what 'am doing wrong?
When it says 'loading' I can see in the background that 'sync everything is not 'ticked'?

Appreciate any help

Thx

sandals100

Honorable
Feb 4, 2014
On most devices, when you sign in for the first time a sync application should open. If not, you can go to your sync settings by the following method/s: 1) The easiest way is to completely uninstall Chrome, which will give you a fresh application to work with. This should bring up the sync options for your google account.
2) Download this app for your phone: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.chrometophone
3) Sign out completely from your google account, via the settings for your phone. Once you login the sync settings will ask what you want to sync. From there you can select bookmarks.

joe2cool

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2008
Hi thx for quick reply........I did sign out completely, the back in & everything synced perfectly. So you would still recommend the app 'Chrome to Mobile'?

Thx again

sandals100

Honorable
Feb 4, 2014
If all your bookmarks were synced to your phone, there is no need for the extra application. However if you do notice that there are book marks missing, use the 'Chrome to Mobile' app to do a complete sync.

TRENDING THREADS