• Keyboards
  • Bluetooth
  • Tablets
  • Logitech
  • Android
  • K800
Last response: in Android Tablets
January 30, 2014 2:15:49 PM

Not sure if anyone would know the answer to this, or tried it... but...

I was looking to buy the Logitech K800 illuminated keyboard, which for whatever reason Logitech decided to forgo the bluetooth in favour of their "unifying receiver" which looks like a bluetooth adapter but is specific to Logitech.

Question is, if I plug the USB "Unifying Adapter" into an OTG Micro USB Adapter, and plug that into a Nexus 10... would the keyboard work?

Also, in general, using the same OTG adapter, would a normal keyboard work plugged in with USB?

More about : android tablets logitech unifying adapter standard usb keyboards

January 30, 2014 6:14:53 PM

I have a Motorolla Razr HD MAXX And I have plugged in wireless devices into the OTG and have had them work. I'm running Android 4.1.1 with out issue. I am however rooted and have a few apps that allow me to properly mount these kind of devices. Not sure about unrooted devices. I also have an Asus Eee Pad Slider which again is rooted but has an actually USB port and again I have used Wireless stuff without issue.
m
l
January 30, 2014 6:30:00 PM

I'm wondering about that logitech 'unifying' thing if it may require drivers to run... again its like bluetooth but, specific to logitech. USB direct would be good, don't really need wireless, but, if I get that keyboard I'll likely never use the wireless part since the keyboard never leaves the desk, but for the occasional typing for the Nexus 10, it may be handy.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
January 31, 2014 7:05:58 PM

THRobinson said:
Not sure if anyone would know the answer to this, or tried it... but...

I was looking to buy the Logitech K800 illuminated keyboard, which for whatever reason Logitech decided to forgo the bluetooth in favour of their "unifying receiver" which looks like a bluetooth adapter but is specific to Logitech.

Question is, if I plug the USB "Unifying Adapter" into an OTG Micro USB Adapter, and plug that into a Nexus 10... would the keyboard work?

Also, in general, using the same OTG adapter, would a normal keyboard work plugged in with USB?

My K400 works well with my galaxy tab 7.0+ The backlit key - I'm jealous!

m
l
February 1, 2014 6:44:10 AM

With the unifying wireless adapter or plugged directly in? I'm hoping you say wireless. :D 
m
l
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook