My tablet is rooted??

Zetor895

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
Hi,
how can Clean Master delete built-in apps from my android (v4.0) tablet since as far as I know it is not rooted. Can this app itself root my tablet automaticaly? Is not it dangerous? I downloaded it from google play store.
Thanks!

Solution
i did use to root my xperia with 'One Click Root' software using pc. To root i always had to put my phone with debugging mode enabled. And Superuser used to install by itself after i was done disconnecting the phone.
So i don't know how you came in such situation but i think you should go to service center and get your tablet updated or get firmware re-installed. Uninstall all applications connected to rooting and delete your google account from device before you hand your tablet to them.

brarboy

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
first of all, i wouldn't suggest you to root your tablet as it may void warranty so you might want to take look at terms and conditions of your manufacturer.
secondly that app won't automatically root your tablet. There are different procedures to root your tablet.
Rooting could rarely lead to bricking of your tablet if not done carefully. So overall it's not that dangerous.

Zetor895

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
I don't want to root it of course. But the Clean Master app what I installed can uninstall built-in apps, so it seems my tablet is rooted otherwise Clean Master would not be able uninstall built-in apps, would it? So my question is how my tablet can be rooted if it not rooted by me... or it doesn't have to be rooted for deleting built-in apps?

brarboy

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
if you can unistall all built-in apps, then yeah it is possibly rooted. For more information to check whether your tablet is rooted or not, download app named "Root Checker" or "Simple Root Checker" from market and run it. Those app will not root your tab, they will just let you know if your device is rooted or not.

Zetor895

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
Hi,

I have checked, it says that "application superuser not found", "terminal rooted" and "busybox installed". So I still dont know if it is rooted or not. And if it is, how can it be. Thanks.

Zetor895

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
So, if it says "application superuser not found", "terminal rooted" and "busybox installed" then it means that somebody hacked my tablet and it is rooted now? So can viruses run on it with root rights? Or "superuser not found" means that there isn't any root user in the system? Please somebody help me to clarify it.

brarboy

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014

You can un-root your device but what application did you use?
Use "root checker" and follow these step:
1. Download and install the Root Checker App on your phone.
2. Launch the app by tapping its icon from your phone’s menu.
3. When the app is launched, you will get agreement message. Just tap on the Agree button.
4. You will now see the main interface of the app, Tap the Verify Root Access button.
5. (IF IT IS ROOTED AND YOU HAVE INSTALLED SUPERUSER ON YOUR TAB)You will be asked to provide the Superuser permission, tap the Allow button to provide so.
http://cdn.theunlockr.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/shot_000073-180x300.png
6. If the app found root access on your phone, then you will have the following screen on your phone.
http://cdn.theunlockr.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/shot_000074-180x300.png

If it's rooted, let me know. And what tablet are you using?

Zetor895

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
My tablet is MID7002. I got the message that "this device has root access". But it seems there is not any superuser because the root checker basic app did not asked the permission for it and the other checker app also said that there is not superuser on it. I just don't understand how could be it rooted since I have never rooted it.

brarboy

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
Did you buy it new or second hand? Also try remembering if you ever lent it anyone that you know of?
Because new devices are never rooted.
You got the message as someone might have rooted it and uninstalled the superuser app from your device(Uninstalling that won't root your device).
Is it under warranty?

Zetor895

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014

I bought it newly from a mall. I have never lent it to anybody. I have never tried to root it. I got a two year guarantee and it hasn't expired yet. I attached it a few times to my desktop PC and selected the debugging option for it (according to the manual of the tablet) but that's all I have never dowloaded any rooting application or tried to root it. Strange. But basically it hasn't a superuser so technically it's not rooted, is it?
Anyway it is a cheap China-made one so maybe that's the reason why it is "half-rooted"...

brarboy

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
i did use to root my xperia with 'One Click Root' software using pc. To root i always had to put my phone with debugging mode enabled. And Superuser used to install by itself after i was done disconnecting the phone.
So i don't know how you came in such situation but i think you should go to service center and get your tablet updated or get firmware re-installed. Uninstall all applications connected to rooting and delete your google account from device before you hand your tablet to them.

Solution

akmbo49

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013

Hello,
Hopefully I can stop you from wasting your time before it's to late but if not sorry. It is possible but unlikely that your tablet may have been "rooted" technically from the beginning, I've heard of some companies making their tablets without any restrictions on them. To answer the other question I believe you're talking about the option that you can click named Pre-installed apps and if and I'm assuming that's only for people who actually have rooted their tablet because you cannot actually uninstall those apps from manage apps, you have to use a different app such as Clean Master. So if you want to attempt to uninstall an app that you would never use such as Android Games go ahead, just to test it out but unless your tablet was factory rooted it shouldn't work and if it does big deal, you uninstalled a completely pointless app and now you know your tablet has a whole lot more capabilities. Hope this helped it seemed that you were sort of confused with the whole SuperSU and everything.

Zetor895

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014

Yes, maybe thats the situation since I can uninstall factory-installed apps by Clean Master, so it is maybe 'rooted from the beginning'. So it is good that I have more possibilities and I can make more space on my tablet, but I worry over viruses now since I am affraid of that viruses perhaps can run with root rights now, can't they?

Thanks!