Best Sound Bar 2014 (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

anchoragedj

Estimable
May 17, 2014
Gotta tell ya, it's spendy but incredible sound. Both 'musically' and for theater/surround reflection. The B&W Panorama2 improved on the original significantly. HDMI inputs, including a forth 'bi-directional' HDMI connector so your tv can be rerouted through the soundbar itself. Sub out and you're set in a medium, even large living room. While the Bose is an excellent bar, the Pano is a MONSTER in comparison..IMHO, and as always your mileage may vary;)
J

Heshacherrr

Estimable
Nov 3, 2014
I am very curious why there are no review of any of the new Bose soundbars (the Cinemate 15, 120 or 130). I was considering buying one of them but found absolutely no reviews of them.

watchingcrow

Estimable
Jan 6, 2015
Hey Tom's,
I just bought a Toshiba 40" 1080 with a DTS (digital output) and am trying to upgrade somewhat but someone once told me it is a lot easier to spend to little money than too much. Anyway, 2.1 is attractive for a bunch of reasons but I read that that was not surround sound and with only two speakers was really for listening to music. So I started looking at the 5.1 don't really need the woofer if there is one built in but what I am most interested in the having the "center speakers" as my wife and i have trouble with speech/dialog etc and have read that that goes through the center speakers and you can increase the volume there and have better speach recognition. So, anyway, i see that you are only recommending the 2.1 systems here and so it looks like you don't agree with the need for 5.1

iam2thecrowe

Distinguished
best "sound bar" is a pair of stereo speakers.........seriously just a small bookshelf speaker on each side of your tv if you don't have room for something large. I'm sorry one of those people still finding it hard to believe how anything in "bar" form takes off so easily, even if its crap. I find it hard to believe the Bose is a top pick considering most audio sites gave it an average rating and poor value for money. Did you actually review the Bose system? or just pop it in the article because of the name or amazon reviews?

yorich

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
Goldenear Super Cinema 3d array...best 999.99 I've ever spent. Sounds better than any of this crap here, looks fantastic, couldn't be happier. This list is a joke

mrerse1

Estimable
Aug 26, 2015
I thought I loved my Sony, until I heard my friends new Sound Appeal Soundbar with wireless subwoofer. I am ashamed to admit that it puts mine to shame for only a few bucks more- uughh . If it was in my budget I would pick the Golden Ear Super Cinema , great soundbar that I demoed at a local audio store.

Status
Not open for further replies.