windows 7 no longer recognizes my android devices (no driver found)

aleksee

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
i have a LG Optimus M+ and a generic chinese 7 inch tablet. both of which used to let me at least access the internal storage. now whenever i plug either i get "unknown device". i specifically installed the drivers from LG's website but it won't detect it.

this all started when i choose to uninstall the drivers for MotionInJoy (program that lets you use ps3/xbox controller on your pc) and ever since i could no longer access my android devices, only charge them.

with my tablet as it tries to connect it instead tells me that its already in use.

this is driving me crazy. to make sure it wasn't the cable or phone i plugged it into my netbook and it immediately recognized that its a LGE android phone even though i haven't used that thing in years while my installation of windows reports "driver not found"

i've tried sfc /scannow and chkdsk /f c: and my laptop has all its updates installed so i really don't know what else to do besides a........reformat....

i even tried "have disk" and selected adb drivers but it doesn't really seem to have made a difference as i still cannot access internal storage

aleksee

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
tried that already. like i said, uninstalling it messed something up. after a bit more of exhaustive googling i found out it was related to usbstor.inf which i somehow no longer had and the strange thing that sfc /scannow didn't restore it.

luckily, my 2nd hdd had an installation of windows 7 that i was able to copy from and everything is now working as it should.