15.6" vs 17.3": Is there much noticeable difference?

Legolas8181

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013
I have looked at YouTube videos with them both next to each other and the noticeable difference really doesn't seem that much but what about actually in person? I am looking at a new laptop and I will be gaming on it so I would prefer the bigger screen but is it really worth paying more for?

Legolas8181

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013

The comparisons I have seen don't look like much.

If the difference does not matter to you then pick whatever is less expensive!

So what's stopping you from actually walking into a store like BestBuy or perhaps even Staples to look at the physical difference yourself?

17.3" laptops are not always more expensive than 15.6" laptops. Sometimes they are actually a little less expensive probably because since it is larger the manufacturer does not need to think of creative ways to improve cooling or they simply use parts that consume more power, thus cost less.

However, if you want two powerful graphics cards like dual GTX 770m in SLI, then it's 17.3" or 18" all the way since they produce more heat than a 15.6" laptop can handle.

Anyway, if it is strictly going to remain at home on a table, then I suppose a 17.3" laptop will do fine. If you are going to carry the laptop around with you, then you might want to stay away from 17.3" laptops which can weigh 7bls+.