Problem with sd card and toshiba tablet

4220carlsen

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
I have a very very confusing problem with a 32GB class 10 sandisk card(not a micro) and my toshiba tablet(its either a thrive or an excite).
The card is locked whenever i put it in anyway but the tablet - i have tried my macbook and a regular card-reader into 3 different windows pc's without luck.
I do realise these cards have got a lock-button - however i put it in unlocked position and removed it(have done so many times before).
I have so much stuff on my pc i want to put on to the card before i leave for holiday and the card is read-only everywhere else but on the tablet - anybody else tried this? is there an app to unlock this?

Thanks in advance!

4220carlsen

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
Hey Mike

Im not completely sure, but pretty confident its an updated version of the factory stock android jelly bean(automatic updates) so it should be what, 4.2.3 or something like that.

fat32 - tried alot of different card readers and computers with built in card readers, even tried my canon 550D - i get the same error everytime "Card is write-protected" - my macbook can even see the lock on the side of the card in the in unlocked position.