Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 can't find wifi when only a few feet away from router

Claymoresama

Honorable
May 3, 2013
I have noticed that starting this morning my tablet cannot see my network in my room which is not that far from the router. At first I thought it was some apps that I installed yesterday so I uninstalled them all and made sure that wifi was on and not airplane mode. When I go into the room where the router is I can get the connection, but as I walk down the hall the signal deteriorates to nothing. Now I tested my samsung laptop and it could connect and see the networks just fine. No I do not have broadcasting turned off. I'll test it on some public networks like my colleges' and at Target. Please help me I just got this tablet and I'm totally new to Android.

Solution
try restarting your tablet then try getting onto your wifi.
If that still does not work, try restore to factory settings on your tablet (it will wipe all all your stuff, so backup before you do this).

friedricezilla

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
try restarting your tablet then try getting onto your wifi.
If that still does not work, try restore to factory settings on your tablet (it will wipe all all your stuff, so backup before you do this).

Solution

Claymoresama

Honorable
May 3, 2013

It still had this issue even after restoring it to factory settings. For some reason when I'm in my living room near the router (which isn't that far away from my room) I get a connection. Although the connection is weak, now my other devices are picking up a strong signal and when I was out today I was just fine. I'll keep on messing with it, but maybe it's my router.

Brightblade

Estimable
Jun 8, 2014
This seems to be a problem with the Tab 3. I'm in a hotel right now in Munich, Germany, everyone is connected to Wi-Fi in the lobby except my Tab 3, it doesn't see the Wi-Fi network. My galaxy S4 does! The front desk manager told me it's a problem with Samsung, they had other customers unable to connect and it's always Samsung. Had the same problem other places, Barcelona and USA. They all told me it's Samsung devices only.

Andre Grech

Estimable
Oct 4, 2014
I just fixed this for my new gaalxy tab 4. Go into your rooter setting from your pc/laptop/etc. usually by writing this: 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 into your address bar in chrom/explorer/etc. Although check what you need to login into your rotter online. After that go into an option called "wireless" in my case where it allows you to change the:
"
SSID:
Region:
Channel:
Mode:
Enable Wireless Router Radio
Enable SSID Broadcast
Enable Bridges
Enable Wireless Security
Security Type:
Security Option:
Encryption:
PSK Passphrase:
"
Mine looks like that. I then change encryption from 'TKIP' to 'AES'. The rooter rebooted and the wifi started appearing on the tab. I later changed the rooter encryption back to 'TKIP' and galaxy would still find the wifi without problem. So solution is to reboot rooter i guess :p

Pawan Rathi

Estimable
Jan 15, 2015
I enabled parental control in my router and bind with 1 specific mac address. I face similar issues. I didnt find my wifi listed in my tab and 1 phone both android.
I reset my routerboth soft and hard way tried factory reset on router as well but dint work
I enabled and disabled my parental controls on router again and rebooted... bang....it is solved.

I think you should try enabling disabling last feature you used on your router....

JCM-33

Estimable
Feb 8, 2015
There are quite a few things that can prevent connection so hopefully I can add to the great suggestions below.

My sons Galaxy Tab 3 was purchased and would not connect to our home wifi - here was my problem and solution:

Problem = I didn't know it but my Broadband router setting was the issue. Here is how I solved it.

As I use Sky Broadband I went to their Wifi router settings
Enter the following in your internet search window 192.168.0.1
Yours might be at 192.168.1.1
Go to Wireless
Wireless settings
in the third section down you will see Wireless Station Access List (click to enter)
At the top is a check box to Turn Access Controll On - uncheck if ticked.
As soon as I did this my Wifi came back to life on the Galaxy Tab.

Depending on your Wifi Router you may have something different than the above but look for things such as Access or devices etc. Basically a list of what devices will be allowed to access the wifi it provides.You can either add your device or remove the restriction on devices.

I hope this helps.

getkaushik

Estimable
Jun 7, 2015
Try changing the timezone to UNITED STATES.
I have a TP-LINK modem. I had a similar issue of "<network> not in range". This is what I did:
Step 1: Connect to 192.168.1.1
Step 2: Navigate to Interface Setup>Wireless
Step 3: In the Access Point Settings, set Channel: UNITED STATES
Step 4: Save
Now your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 should be able to connect to your <network>, as it did for me.
Cheers!