Ipad mini VS nvidia shield VS cheap android tablet for gaming

meat pie

Honorable
May 22, 2013
(I dont know what tablet I would get for the cheap android tablet but it would be under 150 dollers and i dont want a windows tablet)

I am thinking of ether getting a I pad mini for some Ios only games,getting the nivdia shield for its controller or getting some cheap android tablet like the kindle fire,for its cheap price but lack of ios games and the shields controller.

Any sugestions?

Solution
In order to get the most out of a Shield your PC has to have a GTX 660 or above installed, otherwise you forfeit the device's key feature which is game streaming. You won't be able to get an iPad Mini for that price unless it's refurbished and I'd advise against going too cheap on an Android tablet. Maybe get an EVGA Tegra Note if they're available.

g-unit1111

Distinguished
In order to get the most out of a Shield your PC has to have a GTX 660 or above installed, otherwise you forfeit the device's key feature which is game streaming. You won't be able to get an iPad Mini for that price unless it's refurbished and I'd advise against going too cheap on an Android tablet. Maybe get an EVGA Tegra Note if they're available.

Solution

pwhauke

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014
I would say tegra note. I just ordered one, and I was considering similar options. The note has all the power of the shield (tegra 4), with the bonus of being a tablet/having a stylus. You still get the tegra zone, so the only feature you won't have is streaming. Also, the shield can only stream on the same network, essentially making it a very expensive wireless controller. You can get a tegra note and a controller for less than the cost of the shield, and you will get more functionality out of that combo. Lastly, I saw open box shields for $159 at new egg. They are out of stock (new ones are in stock currently), and they could remain that way for a while, but it may be something to consider.