Nexus 5 unlocked

tvfreak

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
So, I got my nexus 5 yesterday.
Everything seems fine. But I'm having issues opening my emails (yahoo hotmail acct) using the email client that nexus 5 provided. I synced it with my phone. I keep getting error message saying "unfortunately your email has stopped". It does it with my gmail but I'm able to open it.
Any idea what's causing this? When I first had it synced it was fine. Bit when I got up this morning I got that error message.
And when I do try to open it and get that message, that message will pop up couple of times afterwords.

I DL task manager. It seems there r a tons of app running in the background. How do I keep from running in the background and keep it from eating up my memory?

Hope y'all can help cause this new phone is driving me crazy.

Also any virus/malware protection you guys can suggest in the google play store? Something that is not bloated and eat up my memory but does it's job. And if my phone ever gets stolen or lost i would be able to track it down or remotely turn it off.

Free but if it's worth it i'll get the paid version.

tvfreak

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
I was able to fix the email client part. I just deleted the emails and re-added my other email accounts and so far it's working.
I did rebooted the phone but there is still a lot of apps running.

Any ideas on a decent virus/malware protection?