cant find data connection info......feel stupid for asking but cant seem to locate any match that is helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterblaster1

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
i cant find an answer and wish for someone to help me understand what are the pros and cons of disabling data connections as well as if i disable the data connection on my lg motion can i still make and receive calls and send and receive texts?basically i know nothing about the topic and really would just love to know what is effected by disabling data and what still works....please help me...ive tried searching so many sites including my service carriers site and have never found a result match for my question(s) even after attempting rewording ,simplifying,adding details ,etc to my questions and when able to just ask i never get a result ,reply or answer........at times it makes me feel like i should turn the phone off,cut service and toss it in the trash!!!HELP PLEASE

firo40

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
Disabling data does not effect phone calls or texts. What it does effect is browing the internet and downloading files when using your cell phones providers network. It does not effect those when using a wifi connection so its a viable option if you dont want to exceed your data limit or are on a pre paid service

masterblaster1

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014

thank u for making things more clear than ever ....and double thanks for how easy it was to get the answer so easily....appreciation and thanks from a tech moron and newbie to the game!

masterblaster1

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014

thank you as well for ur reply...easy and quick as well as crystal clear...tho my question has nothin to do with data limits or concerns of goin over my limits.......i have unlimited data but was just trying to understand how things work and such...thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.