Screen Issue - I don't think it's the inverter though

scuzzynutty

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
I have an Acer AOD250 netbook and last week the screen suddenly went funky. It's still visible but it's reddish blue, it can't show a clear picture anymore, it seems it can only show like 16 or 32 colors. Sometimes depending on the way you move it, it's back to normal, but 98% of the time it's having this screen issue. All the boxes where you would normally fill or type information (such as the address bar at the top of your web browser) are a light BLUE color.

I think an inverter causes problems that it doesn't light up the screen or something, i had that issue with my HP laptop and fixed it by replacing the inverter board.

On this Acer though, the screen is all bright and fine it's just the colors are messed up and changes back to normal, once in a blue moon.... any idea how to fix this? Thanks.

scottiemedic

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
Could be a loose monitor connection or a broken wire near the hinge (the constant opening and closing is hard on those wires).

Do you have an external port you could plug a monitor into and check the colors? That would rule out GPU problems...

scuzzynutty

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
Well I opened it up and just played around with the wires near the hinge and then pushed hard on the connection to make sure it was in. I turned on the computer and it seemed to be working fine. But I dont know if I close it back up and put it all back together, if it's going to happen again.

Being that it's working for now, does that rule out GPU problems and inverter problems?

scottiemedic

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
I would (cautiously) rule them out based on system functionality, definitely GPU rule out... Could still be a connection at the inverter or coming out of the inverter to the backlight, so I'd go there if it acts up again...