any way to come back ios 7 to ios 6 ??

Anas Muhammad

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
Hi my self Anas Muhammad basically i belong to india n i live in delhi recently i was purchased i phone 4s (32gb) with ios 6 but how i don't know about i update my cell phone for that's i hate ios 7 so please any body who can tell me or suggest me how to get back ios 6 in it .. thank you

Solution

Again you can't downgrade from ios 7. Only the Iphone 4 is capable of that with the use of a program called...

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
You will need to find the update file for iOS 6 online - or contact Apple support for a link to download it directly from them.

To install the update once you have it downloaded, do the following.

1. Perform a full external backup of your phone through iTunes, and be sure to save contacts and important data elsewhere before proceeding.

2. Put the phone in DFU mode. This is the debugging mode used by developers to recover from bad flashes and glitches discovered while coding new apps.

To do this, be sure the phone is turned on and connect it to iTunes.

Next, turn the phone off by holding the power button and then sliding the arrow. Do not disconnect the phone!

When the phone is off, wait approximately ten seconds before proceeding.

Press and hold the power button for three seconds. Continue holding the power button and press + hold the home button.

Continue holding the home and power buttons, and count to ten. After ten seconds, release the power button and continue holding home.

iTunes should chime at this point to alert you it's detected a device. The screen on your iPhone should remain blank if done correctly.

Remember that timing is everything when trying to access DFU mode - it may take multiple attempts.

3. Restore the iPhone to iOS 6 by navigating to the iPhone tab on the left side of iTunes. Simply hold shift, and left click the "update" or "restore" button, and navigate to the downloaded firmware in the window that will pop up.

Good luck!

iseeu1001

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012
There is no way to go back down once your upgraded.

You do know you don't get firmware to downgrade from websites/apple right? You need to save the shsh file but it is impossible with ios 7 to downgrade. For next time if you want to stay with your firmware to try out an update I suggest saving your shsh blobs and I am not going to tell you how. You have to find out on your own.

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

I do not currently own any Apple devices, I quite honestly thing they're not worth the value of the components if sold for scrap once smashed into bits.

However, I do have experience with the devices - and I know for a fact it's possible to downgrade from iOS 7.

As far as the individual update file itself is concerned, yes, you can find these online. Whether it's through Apple or not, it's possible to acquire them. A simple Google search yields plenty of results. In fact, this site has quite the selection to choose from. Also, all download links for firmware on that site point to Apple's own servers from which to download.

iseeu1001

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012

Again you can't downgrade from ios 7. Only the Iphone 4 is capable of that with the use of a program called ifaith and you still would need an shsh blob to downgrade the iphone 4. This person is asking for a way to downgrade ios 7 on an iphone 4s which is impossible. Stop spreading some bs. I know my phones pretty well. You use ifaith to build a custom firmware so you can downgrade an iphone 4 since iphone 4 has a lower chip than iphone 4s anything above A5+ can't downgrade anymore to below 7 so that leaves only the iphone 4.

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2013/10/downgrade-ios-7-ios-6-1-3-using-ifaith.html

http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-downgrade-ios-7-to-ios-6-6.1.3-6.1.2-tutorial/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WuQxc6R0Hc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Yqt1Mnv6ic

They all say the same thing I am saying to him is that you can't downgrade

Solution

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
My apologies, I missed that he specified it's a 4S - I read it quickly and only took in the 4.

Stop spreading some bs.

Whether you are right or not, it was a simple misunderstanding and there is no need to be rude. I would like to kindly suggest you show utmost respect to the moderation team, and other users alike. Regardless off any disagreements.

iseeu1001

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012

Just because I said stop spreading some bs doesn't mean I was being rude. That's like saying stop spreading lies but instead of lies I put a bs.