Theft prevention via color choice

Bruce Hugo

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013
I am going to get an Otterbox defender case for my tablet. It is available in four colors. my question is would the "leapster green" or "princesses pink" draw more attention then the inconspicuous black to thieves, or would it disguise itself in thick child proofing rubber for a $50 kids tablet?

Thanks in advance :)

Solution
I would just get standard black because it more or less blends in with anything. Bright colors can likely attract more attention 'cause if a guy is holding something pink or lime green people might focus on what it is you are holding / carrying / using.

If I wanted to steal your tablet a pink case is not going to stop me from doing so. If I can sell the tablet along with the pink case to someone willing to pay extra for the case, then I would keep it. Otherwise, I would simply dump it.

If I was really, really mean I would stalk you to find out where you are staying and leaving you the empty pink case.
I would just get standard black because it more or less blends in with anything. Bright colors can likely attract more attention 'cause if a guy is holding something pink or lime green people might focus on what it is you are holding / carrying / using.

If I wanted to steal your tablet a pink case is not going to stop me from doing so. If I can sell the tablet along with the pink case to someone willing to pay extra for the case, then I would keep it. Otherwise, I would simply dump it.

If I was really, really mean I would stalk you to find out where you are staying and leaving you the empty pink case.

Solution