Virus on Android

girijas669

Honorable
Sep 28, 2013
I am using a Samsung Galaxy Young since six months. I have installed AVG Antivirus on it. Now it is showing that, some apps like playstore, playbooks, google search & other preloaded apps and facebook, winamp are trojan affected and asking for uninstall.
I want to know does virus affect Android smartphone.

Solution
Yes. There is a lot of malware out there which is specifically designed to attack Android devices. My advice would be to download apps only from the official sources (i.e. PlayStore) and avoid sideloading as much as possible. Reading the app's permissions before installing it is a good security measure too as there is plenty of rogue apps with modified permissions which are aimed at stealing your data.

There are good 100% free antimalware apps for Android which are much better than AVG such as MalwareBytes and Sophos Mobile Security. I recommend any of these two since they can scan files within archives (like a PC) so you'll be protected even from those infamous infected PDFs.

ldewitt

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013
They do effect android but AVG sucks. Id try LookOut mobile security, also malwarebytes has a mobile version I HAVEN'T tryed yet but i speak highly of the desktop version. But sometimes AV say its a trojan because it has permissions to access your location contacts ect.

BitsNBolts

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
Yes. There is a lot of malware out there which is specifically designed to attack Android devices. My advice would be to download apps only from the official sources (i.e. PlayStore) and avoid sideloading as much as possible. Reading the app's permissions before installing it is a good security measure too as there is plenty of rogue apps with modified permissions which are aimed at stealing your data.

There are good 100% free antimalware apps for Android which are much better than AVG such as MalwareBytes and Sophos Mobile Security. I recommend any of these two since they can scan files within archives (like a PC) so you'll be protected even from those infamous infected PDFs.

Solution