Sign in with
Your question

Have 2 iPhone 5s - one can't connect to Internet via wifi in house but can access LAN devices - 2nd Phone no problems

Tags:
  • iPhone 5s
  • Phones
  • Connection
  • WiFi
  • Internet
Last response: in Cell Phone General Discussion
January 7, 2014 12:16:20 PM

I have 2 iPhone 5s. Last week phone 1 suddenly couldn't access the internet via the home's wireless. Phone 2 has no problems. Phone 1 can access items on the network (DVR, wireless printer) and have full functionality with them. So I take Phone 1 to a local Optimum wifi hotspot and am able to connect to the Internet there with no issue. Back in the house - still no ability to connect to Internet but have no issue with accessing LAN devices. Tried resetting the Router (Netgear 338) and both access points (Netgear WNDR3700) but Phone 1 still cannot access the Internet over wifi. I can access if I turn on the cellular data but can't afford to use phone that way. Since Phone 1 works on wifi outside the home, I am assuming the problem isn't with the phone - or is it?. All the settings on the Netgear equipment seem correct and would be verified in that Phone 2 and all of the other devices (iPad, Galaxy, laptops) have full Internet connectivity. Any ideas on how to proceed to restore Internet to Phone 1?

More about : iphone connect internet wifi house access lan devices 2nd phone problems

January 8, 2014 3:03:55 PM

It's unlikely, but it's possible that phone 1 is trying to connect with an IP address that another device is using and the conflict is stopping it connecting. If you turn on airplane mode for a few seconds and then turn it off again it should force your phone to obtain a new IP.

Like I said, it's unlikely - but it might be just what you need!

Let me know how you get on :-)
m
l
May 13, 2014 9:38:49 AM

try restoring it from factory default like the first day you get your iphone
m
l
May 31, 2014 10:46:59 AM

this is your neighbor- get off my phone and network!! Do you realize you will be going to jail for fraud???! Get your own damn data leave my phone alone!!!!

m
l
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook