Nexus 10 instant battery drop from 40% to 0%

Simo606

Honorable
May 11, 2012
I recently got a new 16gb Nexus 10 tablet from the store and had fully charged it. I was using it on battery for a couple of days playing games and watching youtube vids etc. When the battery charge was around 40% an alert popped up saying the battery was at 0% and it was shutting down.

It didn't even ask me to plug in charger, it just simply when through the shutdown process after the alert popped up.

How can this be? The battery was around 40% about 5 minutes before it instantly dropped to 0%.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Solution
The battery monitor in these things needs to calibrate itself to the battery. You do this by running it down to 0 and charging it up fully then running it down again. Repeat once every 3-4 months. This will also help keep your battery running optimally as well as keep the monitor ic chip in calibration with the current state of the battery.

If you've already done this calibration and its still behaving badly, I'd contact the manufacturer as you might need a firmware update or have a defective unit.

popatim

Splendid
The battery monitor in these things needs to calibrate itself to the battery. You do this by running it down to 0 and charging it up fully then running it down again. Repeat once every 3-4 months. This will also help keep your battery running optimally as well as keep the monitor ic chip in calibration with the current state of the battery.

If you've already done this calibration and its still behaving badly, I'd contact the manufacturer as you might need a firmware update or have a defective unit.

Solution

Simo606

Honorable
May 11, 2012

Cheers for the response.
It was the first time I ran it down to 40% so hopefully it was just not calibrated properly. I have since charged it from 0% to 100% and it is working fine so far (down to 70 - 80% charge so far). I'll keep running it off the battery and see how it goes.

Simo606

Honorable
May 11, 2012

Down to 1% and have encountered no problems. I will charge back to 100% then if all goes well then I'll select your answer as best answer.
Cheers

Simo606

Honorable
May 11, 2012

Thanks for your help! I've gotten through another full charge and just finished charging it back up with no issues, all working great. I was worried when it abruptly shut down the first time but your help has been fantastic. So happy now

TRENDING THREADS