Android Tablet - wi-fi authentication problem

Sooty55

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
Hiya! I've had a new Irulu tablet for Christmas but it won't connect to my Virgin Media Router. It keeps telling me I have authentication problems. My previous cheap tablet connected with no problem. I've tried connecting to other Wi-Fi hotspots but all I get is not in range. I've rebooted the router & reset the tablet to factory settings but still nothing. Please help me?

someone755

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013
I had that issue too, on my first tablet. Wasn't cheap (300€), but it really did feel like it...

As for your problem, this is a frequent issue. If you have the option of finding your firmware on the manufacturer's support site and flashing it, it should fix itself.

Elvirrra

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016
For your Virgin Media Hub, please follow the steps below:
1. Type: 192.168.0.1 in your browser window(address bar) to open up the modem log in page. This can be done when connected to your Hub over WiFi or via an ethernet cable.
2. Once the login window opens, type in your settings password and click on 'Continue'. You will find your settings password on the sticker at the bottom of your modem.
3. Don't change anything go to Advance Setting >Wireless> Security
on the right hand you will have WiFi password (security key) -
It's different password then WiFi password for some reasons.
Type this (security key password) when tablet, phone telling you ''authentication problems''.
Should connect without problem. It works for my tablet, phone, kindle.

Patsy69

Commendable
Aug 14, 2016

Patsy69

Commendable
Aug 14, 2016
My Samsung tablet kept losing wifi then my son told me i was connected through my computer so when it went tosleep i lost WiFi. I turned my Virgin hub upside down and entered the number and password on it andnow tablet does not cut out

George_223

Prominent
Jun 13, 2017
IRULU MODEM CONNECTION PROBLEMS - I have an earlier AX106 10" tablet.and I too had a connection problem. I tried all of the standard solutions listed on many different web sites. NONE worked. One solution on this site gave me an idea. The following solution applies to Century Links modem only, it may work with other modems. It requires logging on to your wireless modem from another working computer or tablet that is currently connected to your wireless modem. Type the Modem's Address ( 192.168.0.1) that is printed on bottom of your modem on your computers search window at the top of your screen. The first screen will require a user name (admin) and password (a44Aeed5) Next. Locate a link called Wireless Security. Click that link. Most modem are secured with something called wpa/wpa2. On that page you should have a way to temporarily "disable" the wpa/wpa2 on your modem. Once it is disabled turn your tablet on, If it is currently on turn it off and then on. Now try connecting your tablet to the internet. It should connect but with NO wpa security. Now with your tablet connected to the internet log back on to your modem as before and turn your wpa/wpa2 security back to ON. WARNING - I found that once the wpa security was disabled my desk top computer I used to disable wpa had now lost it's internet connection.and I could not use it to turn the wpa security back on. I used my tablet to log back onto the modem in order to enable the wpa security. Once that was done both the tablet and computer were able to connect to the modem/internet.

jpk1sb

Prominent
Nov 3, 2017
i never had wifi problems in 8+ years, tonight my droid turbo will not connect to my home network, everything else connects fine
this is a verizon issue i'm almost 100% certain, im so tired of messing with it

droid turbo
ip configuration failure

Feb 25, 2018

Jun 21, 2018

[/quotemsg]
How can you connect with the steps you suggest when you haven't got Wi-Fi?
[/quotemsg]

I had the same problem today.
what i did was to create a guest network. and my tablet linked fine, although i don't have access to shared folders. but i can do that with a usb cable.