why doesn't my phones network show up on my tablet

Solution
I am not entirely sure what you are asking, but I will take a stab at it.

I am assuming you would like to surf the internet on your tablet by using your phone's 3G / 4G connection. This cannot be done automatically since your phone is not acting like a wireless connection for other wireless devices to connect to.

Your phone must be able to create a wifi hotspot. That will allow wireless devices to detect your phone as a network and use the phone's 3g /4g data connection to go on the internet. Not all phones can create a wifi hotspot; you need to find out if yours can.

If your phone is capable of creating a hotspot, then you might need to activate it by calling your carrier and pay an additional monthly fee.

If you have Verizon as...
I am not entirely sure what you are asking, but I will take a stab at it.

I am assuming you would like to surf the internet on your tablet by using your phone's 3G / 4G connection. This cannot be done automatically since your phone is not acting like a wireless connection for other wireless devices to connect to.

Your phone must be able to create a wifi hotspot. That will allow wireless devices to detect your phone as a network and use the phone's 3g /4g data connection to go on the internet. Not all phones can create a wifi hotspot; you need to find out if yours can.

If your phone is capable of creating a hotspot, then you might need to activate it by calling your carrier and pay an additional monthly fee.

If you have Verizon as your carrier, then it would seem that all you need to do is activate the wifi feature because it is included in the "Share Everything Plan" which starts at $60 on top of the $40 month fee just for phone service; total of $100 per month before taxes. Wow. I'm glad switched to Virgin Mobile since I am pay less than $40 per month including taxes.

Solution
Jan 4, 2014
If you have a sim card, contact your customer care for activating internet. Otherwise use wifi in your home, if your tablet doesnt have a sim slot and you have an android or any mobile that supports hotspot, turn on the hotspot, switch on wifi in your tabet, it will show your mobiles name, tap it and connect it.
P.s: In your mobile go and wifi hotspot and setting and change the pasword first