Not using all of my Hard Drive

Benjermin

Honorable
Sep 18, 2013
I have a 320gb hard drive and am only using 127gb I have 20gb left and I need to "unlock" the other part of my hard drive as my friend said. I saw him do something and I saw the other memory but he didnt do anything to it so if someone could tell me how to do it I would greatly appreciate it.

Solution
It sounds like your hard drive was divided into a couple of 160GB partitions. If this is the case and there is no data on the second partition, you need to go into disk management and dis-allocate the second partition and then expand the first partition into that unallocated space.

If there is no second partition and your drive is still only reporting 20GB available, it could be a corrupt hard drive and there's nothing to be done except replace it.

-Wolf sends
It sounds like your hard drive was divided into a couple of 160GB partitions. If this is the case and there is no data on the second partition, you need to go into disk management and dis-allocate the second partition and then expand the first partition into that unallocated space.

If there is no second partition and your drive is still only reporting 20GB available, it could be a corrupt hard drive and there's nothing to be done except replace it.

-Wolf sends

Solution

Amdlova

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013
some one has deleted your entire partition and is hidden. go to start button search Computer Management Tool and find the HDD (management Disk) and see if have one partition with NO fat32 or NTFS... maybe is this. just make a new partition if have space.