Newegg lies about shipping time

rmckayyy

Honorable
Dec 21, 2013
I ordered a tablet on 12/19/2013 and was told that since it would be shipping from Tennessee, it would arrive in about 4 days. Something told me to just copy and paste the tracking number into UPS.com. Come to find out, my order is shipping from California and is not going to arrive in Atlanta until the end of the day on december 30th, which is also the day I leave Atlanta ( I'm only visiting for X-mas). I bought the tablet as a christmas gift for my mother and now I'm pissed because its taking twice as long as Newegg said it would.

I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND that it is the holiday season and that this is the busiest time of the year, but that doesn't excuse the dishonest shipping time.

I am very disappointed with Newegg because I was so excited to give my mom her christmas present and now she won't even get it in time.

Solution
Newegg's "Super Eggsaver" is 4 to 7 business days delivery. If you wanted to ensure that you receive the item before Christmas, then you should have selected 2 or 3 days delivery. December 20th would have been the 1st shipping business day, December 31st would be the 7th shipping business day. December 25th does not count as a business day since it is a holiday.

The 4th business will be December 26th, the day after Christmas.

The change in shipping locations is likely due to the fact that the warehouse in Tennessee no longer carries it stock, therefore the tablet is being shipped from California instead where they likely have more stock of that tablet.
Newegg's "Super Eggsaver" is 4 to 7 business days delivery. If you wanted to ensure that you receive the item before Christmas, then you should have selected 2 or 3 days delivery. December 20th would have been the 1st shipping business day, December 31st would be the 7th shipping business day. December 25th does not count as a business day since it is a holiday.

The 4th business will be December 26th, the day after Christmas.

The change in shipping locations is likely due to the fact that the warehouse in Tennessee no longer carries it stock, therefore the tablet is being shipped from California instead where they likely have more stock of that tablet.

Solution