PC to Reciever via HDMI no audio

Jlamping

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013
I have a windows 7 PC with an EVGA GeForce 8400 GS HDMI video card. I have the card connected to a Panasonic receiver, (the model escapes me at the moment). From the receiver I have HDMI to a Samsung60" LED. I have Klipsch speakers connected to the Receiver. When i first plugged this all up it worked no problem, I then muted the PC via a wireless mouse and since then I have not been able to get the audio to come back on. It says its playing within the sound setting in Windows, If i change the setting on the receiver to true direct sound it works but no video. I have the audio set to HDMI (options are analog, HDMI, or optical) I have not made any changes on the windows box, but really want my audio and video to work together. Thanks.

on your windows box do you have "hdmi" set as the default audio device?
in nvidia control panel: set up audio do you have your device enabled or turned off?
in windows sound settings does test speaker work correctly?
in sound properties, your audio program ..are volume levels set high enough? did you turn up your receiver?
are your speakers turned on (not muted) via the receiver?
have you tried hooking up with a different port on your gpu? or via another way?