Looking for a Windows 8 tablet for gaming?

poptart999

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
Hi, so I was looking for a windows 8 tablet that could play modern PC games on medium settings. My budget is 600$. Do these things even exist?

Solution
For the most part tablets will be relying strictly on integrated graphics to keep heat, weight, thickness and battery drain down.

Convertible / hybrid laptops will rely mostly on integrated graphics as well, but larger ones may allow for a lower performance dedicated graphics chip.

8" Windows 8 tablets will be relying on the Bay Trail generation Atom CPU which has lower performance and power consumption compared to the Haswell generation CPUs found in laptops. They are also limited to the 32-bit version of Win 8 and only 2 GB of RAM for now.
Nope. The closet would be convertible / hybrid laptop tablets like the Sony VAIO Flip or VAIO duo, but Flip start at around $800 for the 14" version. The Duo starts at over $1,000. However, they rely on integrated graphic cores. The exception is a 15" Sony Viao Flip which has as a nVidia GT 730m option I think.

For the most part tablets will be relying strictly on integrated graphics to keep heat, weight, thickness and battery drain down.

Convertible / hybrid laptops will rely mostly on integrated graphics as well, but larger ones may allow for a lower performance dedicated graphics chip.

8" Windows 8 tablets will be relying on the Bay Trail generation Atom CPU which has lower performance and power consumption compared to the Haswell generation CPUs found in laptops. They are also limited to the 32-bit version of Win 8 and only 2 GB of RAM for now.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS