SD card damaged

PyroSpear

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013
I am on the verge of giving up on this phone. I rooted my phone last week and I've had some trouble, for example when I try to boot up the stock Clockworkmod it hangs and nothing works. I'm not sure why. I downloaded RAM Expander which works fine with my phone. Then I attempted to partition my SD card using Partition Mini Tool on Windows, everytime I attached it to my phone the phone would say damaged SD card, please format. I tried searching online but the only solution I understood was that if you have a phone with android 4.0.2, it silently fixees your phone partition and when you re-partition it, it works on Android 2.2. I have v2.3.5 and I tried various apps on Google Play. Nothing works! :S

Solution
It is common when you flash/root, it is important to do a complete wipe and reformat of the phone and SD-card before attempting to root of flash.

I have to tell the bad news...your SD card is gone, i hope you have backed up the files on it, for future roots/flashes i highly recommend working off the phone memory alone and remove SD-card before any attempt. This is a known issue amongst fellow android warriors.

DragonChase

Honorable
May 22, 2013
It is common when you flash/root, it is important to do a complete wipe and reformat of the phone and SD-card before attempting to root of flash.

I have to tell the bad news...your SD card is gone, i hope you have backed up the files on it, for future roots/flashes i highly recommend working off the phone memory alone and remove SD-card before any attempt. This is a known issue amongst fellow android warriors.

Solution

PyroSpear

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013
My phone had nothing in it when I rooted it. I did completely back up, wipe everything. I have ALL my files backed up on my computer, right down to any important APKs I use... the SD card in fact works fine. I'm using it right now... to increase my RAM. And I just moved a ton of apps on to it. Also it works fine according to my PC....