Looking for a budget 8 , 9.7 , 10.1 inch Android tablet at a price around 200-270$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bach0

Honorable
May 2, 2013
Hi, i'm looking forward to buy android tablet for light to normal uses(web surfing,normal apps,normal games), with a good battery life(8-10h) ,dual cameras will be great with at least 720p video recording and screen resolution not lower than 1280x800.Budget for that is around 240-270$

This is going to be a Christmas gift.Originally it was meant to be an Ipad,but the lowest price of them (320$ on Amazon.com) was Ipad mini with 1024x768 resolution and 7.9 inch screen,which is too "small" and not affordable for this budget.

The ideal choice will be the tablet with 9.7 or 10.1 inch screen,good cameras and battery life.One of the most important thing is it should be manufactured by a popular brand like Asus,Sony,Google,Samsung....I don't want a Chinese Tablet(which are not really so bad,but not today...)

I understand budget may not be enough for a request like this,but please leave your suggestions,every single one of them will be very helpful for me.
Thanks in advance!

Bach0

Honorable
May 2, 2013

Thanks for your suggestion,this product looks good,but i don't think it is a right choice for this matter,because of windows 8 and being refurbished.Even with warranty i won't be able to send it back if something happens,because of external charges.Actually i'm not the one who buys,but i help and recommend to my relative to buy tablet for her daughter,so i can't fail.It has to be a perfect purchase.I'm sorry,but i really appreciate your help

Arthan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2010
If you were willing to go around 7'' than the budget would be more than sufficient, from the top of the line Nexus 7 to the very budget friendly Asus Memopad 7.

Starting from 8'' prices really start to ramp up quickly. As such I second Bach0's recommendation of the Memopad 10. Depending on where you shop prices should be around 250-280$. It's in the higher end of what you were willing to spend, but honestly it is your only real option without sacrificing too much on quality. Even then, the Memopad isn't something to get crazy about, it's no iPad. But it is, still, for that price one of the best 10'' currently available.

ss039

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013
I would recommend the 9-inch RCA Tablet from Walmart. I bought this tablet and I absolutely love it. Oh yeah, and I bought it for $99. It has the latest Android 4.2 operating system, it's fast, and it does all the things that I need it to do with no problem.

dutche99

Estimable
Apr 4, 2014

DO NOT BUY THIS TABLET! IT IS PURE GARBAGE! I have had to send this tablet back to Lenovo 4 times within 2 weeks because of issues. BSOD's all day every day. It may look good, but it will drive you off the edge. Piece of garbage, will never ever buy Lenovo again. 2 Had damaged screens right out of the box ( blacks were bright red), one had a BSOD on first boot, with out even going through the configure process, and one had battery issues, not to mention how it couldn't shut down without a BSOD. GARBAGE.

Status
Not open for further replies.